Taramps! Unreliable Garbage or Good Amps?

Bobbytwonames

Conspiracy Theorist
Aug 28, 2018
Asking for a friend! Just wondering what people really think of them. I know that there are some veterans on here who have first hand knowledge of these amps. Thanks for sharing your experiences and opinions.

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
Everyone who is active on this forum is constantly recommending them (you being one of them) so what do you realistically think this thread is going to consist of?

jt4x4

CarAudio.com Well Known
Jul 22, 2019
ND
Everyone who is active on this forum is constantly recommending them (you being one of them) so what do you realistically think this thread is going to consist of?
A continuation of the argument in the thread about what amps people run, of i had to guess.

OP
Bobbytwonames

Bobbytwonames

Conspiracy Theorist
Aug 28, 2018
This video comes to mind.

I'm still guessing a lot of the unreliability is due to user error. Although, Taramps could step up their shipping game quite a bit. An amp in a box without any padding to speak of is just asking for damage during the shipping process. Just my opinion.

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
How fragile is your ego that you need to start a thread to validate your choice of amplifiers with a hugbox on this board? If you wanted an informed answer you'd be asking people with more experience such as shops who sell them, people that repair amps for a living, or electronics engineers. Yet you start a bait thread here and you've already decided that any report of one of these self destructing will just be chalked up to user error.

mastershake575

Senior VIP Member
Mar 11, 2015
Dallas
How fragile is your ego that you need to start a thread to validate your choice of amplifiers with a hugbox on this board? If you wanted an informed answer you'd be asking people with more experience such as shops who sell them, people that repair amps for a living, or electronics engineers. Yet you start a bait thread here and you've already decided that any report of one of these self destructing will just be chalked up to user error.
100% agreed.

In the right application it's fine but blaming user error is not right when it's actually the amps fault.

The efficency rating on most of the models at 2 ohms and 1 ohms is ******* ass. If you upgraded your alternator to deal with the fact that it's pulling the shit out of car then the cop-out is "uhhh your giving it too much voltage/power"

If you do the reserve and just try to do a bunch of batteries (which will cause the voltage to drop) then the cop out is "uhhh your causing the voltage to drop too much" (it's like no shit this amp is pulling an extra 20-30% for the power it's truely putting out" )

Those that actually spend over 1000 dollars upgrading to good electrical are going to spend the extra couple hundred bucks to get a more efficent amp that can better utilize there power

I actually think these amps are more suited for 4ohm daily setups. At 4ohms you don't have efficency or thermal issues and bang for your buck it's still a good deal (on some of the higher wattage models i've been seeing 4ohm with box rise still getting around 1400-1800 watts which is hard to beat price wise especially given low stress on both the amp and car)

wew lad

wew lad inc
Mar 22, 2015
VA
100% agreed.

In the right application it's fine but blaming user error is not right when it's actually the amps fault.

The efficency rating on most of the models at 2 ohms and 1 ohms is ******* ass. If you upgraded your alternator to deal with the fact that it's pulling the shit out of car then the cop-out is "uhhh your giving it too much voltage/power"

If you do the reserve and just try to do a bunch of batteries (which will cause the voltage to drop) then the cop out is "uhhh your causing the voltage to drop too much" (it's like no shit this amp is pulling an extra 20-30% for the power it's truely putting out" )

Those that actually spend over 1000 dollars upgrading to good electrical are going to spend the extra couple hundred bucks to get a more efficent amp that can better utilize there power

I actually think these amps are more suited for 4ohm daily setups. At 4ohms you don't have efficency or thermal issues and bang for your buck it's still a good deal (on some of the higher wattage models i've been seeing 4ohm with box rise still getting around 1400-1800 watts which is hard to beat price wise especially given low stress on both the amp and car)
You're making a lot of statements based on apparently, nothing. I'd like to see your evidence that they're less efficient than their korean counterparts. Simply based on the fact that it's full bridge should indicate to you that it's a more efficient design, but you seem to be one of those people stuck on regurgitated crap because x person said y said z about an amp

OP
Bobbytwonames

Bobbytwonames

Conspiracy Theorist
Aug 28, 2018
I don't need to validate my amp choices. I was just tired of your blanket statements about Taramps. So, yes, I started a thread to get other opinions about them. And, I see that you ran right over here to comment. I still believe that most of the problems with Taramps are due to user error and poor quality shipping causing damage. The amp reminds me of my car. If the redline on my engine is 6 grand, yet, I keep shifting at 8 grand, then, I'm going to eventually have problems. If the amp says 1 or 2 ohms, then, run it at 1 or 2 ohms. Don't run it at .5 or .66. Also, if it says keep current between 11 and 16, then, keep your voltage between 11 and 16. Eazzy Peazzy!

jt4x4

CarAudio.com Well Known
Jul 22, 2019
ND
Why call out hispls for running over to criticize you but not call out popwar and others for running over to defend you? They both shared an opinion on other threads

You say you're sick of blanket statements, but you are looking for a blanket statement about taramps.

Just my opinion.

- Joe

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
I was just tired of your blanket statements about Taramps.
And what better rebuttal than to ask for fanboys to come out and wave their pom poms. Now why not ask some people who repair or design amps for a living what they think? Why not ask shops who sell a lot of amps about return rates?

You can all dislocate your arms patting yourselves on the back sharing incredibly limited anecdotal evidence but it doesn't change my opinion or the opinion of people who I would consider experts in the field.

OP
Bobbytwonames

Bobbytwonames

Conspiracy Theorist
Aug 28, 2018
Why call out hispls for running over to criticize you but not call out popwar and others for running over to defend you? They both shared an opinion on other threads

You say you're sick of blanket statements, but you are looking for a blanket statement about taramps.

Just my opinion.

- Joe
I criticized Taramps myself, did you miss that? They have the shitttiest shipping that I've ever seen. What do you want me to call out Popwar for. I've liked most of his posts about his opinions on Taramps. I made the thread to get opinions, good or bad, about Taramps. If people don't like the thread, then, they don't have to comment. Or, they can dislike all of my posts and replies, it really doesn't matter to me. I'm already -127, so, what's a few more.

OP
Bobbytwonames

Bobbytwonames

Conspiracy Theorist
Aug 28, 2018
Please, let me know what shops sell and install Taramps here in Vegas. I'll run right down there and ask them. I already told you that some of the issues with Taramps is there crappy shipping. Some problems are probably due to bad quality control and I'm sure a lot of the problems are user error due to people not being familiar with the brand.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Newest threads

Latest classifieds