Taramps! Unreliable Garbage or Good Amps?

Everyone who is active on this forum is constantly recommending them (you being one of them) so what do you realistically think this thread is going to consist of?

Everyone who is active on this forum is constantly recommending them (you being one of them) so what do you realistically think this thread is going to consist of?
A continuation of the argument in the thread about what amps people run, of i had to guess.

This video comes to mind.

I'm still guessing a lot of the unreliability is due to user error. Although, Taramps could step up their shipping game quite a bit. An amp in a box without any padding to speak of is just asking for damage during the shipping process. Just my opinion.

How fragile is your ego that you need to start a thread to validate your choice of amplifiers with a hugbox on this board? If you wanted an informed answer you'd be asking people with more experience such as shops who sell them, people that repair amps for a living, or electronics engineers. Yet you start a bait thread here and you've already decided that any report of one of these self destructing will just be chalked up to user error.

How fragile is your ego that you need to start a thread to validate your choice of amplifiers with a hugbox on this board? If you wanted an informed answer you'd be asking people with more experience such as shops who sell them, people that repair amps for a living, or electronics engineers. Yet you start a bait thread here and you've already decided that any report of one of these self destructing will just be chalked up to user error.
100% agreed.

In the right application it's fine but blaming user error is not right when it's actually the amps fault.

The efficency rating on most of the models at 2 ohms and 1 ohms is ******* ass. If you upgraded your alternator to deal with the fact that it's pulling the **** out of car then the cop-out is "uhhh your giving it too much voltage/power"

If you do the reserve and just try to do a bunch of batteries (which will cause the voltage to drop) then the cop out is "uhhh your causing the voltage to drop too much" (it's like no **** this amp is pulling an extra 20-30% for the power it's truely putting out" )

Those that actually spend over 1000 dollars upgrading to good electrical are going to spend the extra couple hundred bucks to get a more efficent amp that can better utilize there power

I actually think these amps are more suited for 4ohm daily setups. At 4ohms you don't have efficency or thermal issues and bang for your buck it's still a good deal (on some of the higher wattage models i've been seeing 4ohm with box rise still getting around 1400-1800 watts which is hard to beat price wise especially given low stress on both the amp and car)

100% agreed.

In the right application it's fine but blaming user error is not right when it's actually the amps fault.

The efficency rating on most of the models at 2 ohms and 1 ohms is ******* ass. If you upgraded your alternator to deal with the fact that it's pulling the **** out of car then the cop-out is "uhhh your giving it too much voltage/power"

If you do the reserve and just try to do a bunch of batteries (which will cause the voltage to drop) then the cop out is "uhhh your causing the voltage to drop too much" (it's like no **** this amp is pulling an extra 20-30% for the power it's truely putting out" )

Those that actually spend over 1000 dollars upgrading to good electrical are going to spend the extra couple hundred bucks to get a more efficent amp that can better utilize there power

I actually think these amps are more suited for 4ohm daily setups. At 4ohms you don't have efficency or thermal issues and bang for your buck it's still a good deal (on some of the higher wattage models i've been seeing 4ohm with box rise still getting around 1400-1800 watts which is hard to beat price wise especially given low stress on both the amp and car)
You're making a lot of statements based on apparently, nothing. I'd like to see your evidence that they're less efficient than their korean counterparts. Simply based on the fact that it's full bridge should indicate to you that it's a more efficient design, but you seem to be one of those people stuck on regurgitated crap because x person said y said z about an amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.