Taramps smart3k troubleshooting

Participant count
  • Participant list
Pull that battery and Charge it to full capacity before running it again. If its under warranty.. take it back.. get another for a faulty battery and place the new one on a charger over night before using it. ALWAYS CHARGE ANY BOUGHT BATTERY TO FULL POTENTIAL BEFORE INSTALLING/USING,as they have been sitting on a shelf or in a warehouse shelf for who knows how long at @ what temps.??

So, I have an agm battery in my car, just one and only pushing 3k watts to subs and ~320watts to mids and highs and a 360 amp alternator, on heavy bass my voltage drops to 12.6 then snaps back up, otherwise even on moderate notes stays in the 14 range, could it be because that battery is low? Voltmeter is hooked up to amplifier inputs.

So, I have an agm battery in my car, just one and only pushing 3k watts to subs and ~320watts to mids and highs and a 360 amp alternator, on heavy bass my voltage drops to 12.6 then snaps back up, otherwise even on moderate notes stays in the 14 range, could it be because that battery is low? Voltmeter is hooked up to amplifier inputs.
I would start another thread, but with a 360a alternator you should have more than enough amperage with a good agm battery. I would get it checked as it may be weak. I would also install another battery close to the amp, is your power wire from the battery 1/0 OFC?

Im running 3k and a 400w on 2 batteries and a 320a I rarely see the low 13's with the car on

I would start another thread, but with a 360a alternator you should have more than enough amperage with a good agm battery. I would get it checked as it may be weak. I would also install another battery close to the amp, is your power wire from the battery 1/0 OFC?
Everything is 1/0, big 3, power and ground, 8 gauge running to the subs, and 8 gauge running the battery to the smaller amp, and 8 gauge ground. I was kind of lazy when doing the grounds when I installed it so I’m cleaning them up right now

Word of advise...don't get lazy running power or grounds.. that's how you burn down a car 🤣
Lol nothing is exposed or “sketchy” osha would approve
It’s more like instead of taking a drill and wire wheel to the spot I was going to ground I just used sand paper and stopped when I got tired. Im going to start a new thread as suggested because I feel like for having well over 1,000 into my electrical it should be a rock solid 13 at the worst lmao

Everything is 1/0, big 3, power and ground, 8 gauge running to the subs, and 8 gauge running the battery to the smaller amp, and 8 gauge ground. I was kind of lazy when doing the grounds when I installed it so I’m cleaning them up right now
Ground is more important than power imo, there is no power without ground etc... I would get another battery back close to you amp so it can store voltage closer with less resistance.

So I checked my battery this morning...it's smoked...I got 11.33v on the dmm after being on the charger since Saturday morning...that's $250 out the window 🤬

My wife's passed because I won't warranty it...I'm not about trying to stick a company over what essentially boils down to misuse (even if it wasn't intentional)...

If I ever figure out who took the fuse...I'll show them my "happy" side 😠

So I checked my battery this morning...it's smoked...I got 11.33v on the dmm after being on the charger since Saturday morning...that's $250 out the window 🤬

My wife's passed because I won't warranty it...I'm not about trying to stick a company over what essentially boils down to misuse (even if it wasn't intentional)...

***** but good thing you sorted it out.

That Blows azz. Dayuuum!! :poop: 😞😞😞

The shop that redid my install hooked me up with a new 100ah battery at cost and installed it free...so im back up and running again...wasn't on him but he definitely got a loyal customer now 🤗

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...