Taramps Smart 3k Bass Thoughts

Participant count
  • Participants list
Also looking at the other 3k bass and regular 3k smart line. A little confusing to have such similar amps labeled differently. I understand the bass models look to be aimed at the sub crowd with the xover freqs and db boost levels. Looks like a lot of amp for the money, found a few for $250ish. What Korean amps would compete with these? Thanks

I run the smart 3. Just the regular version. Zero issues so far with it. There is a difference between the bass and non-bass versions of the smart series, give me a few and I'll find the link.

Matt

If you jump on YouTube and search "barevids smart 3" or smart 5. He breaks down the differences between the bass and non-bass versions.

Matt
Watched the vid, love Big D, and I have seen the Bear guy in multiple vids as well. Now I am certain I want the smart series. The tech you get for your money is ridiculous, especially compared to all other amps. I have done heavy research in the $300 price range, I honestly do not think there is a better amp line at this price point , could be wrong but it looks hard to beat.

Looks like a lot of amp for the money, found a few for $250ish. What Korean amps would compete with these?
Not really apples to apples but they're priced to be disposable and a repair on a broken 3K half bridge once it's out of warranty will likely cost as much as just throwing the Taramps in a dumpster and buying a new one.

Not really apples to apples but they're priced to be disposable and a repair on a broken 3K half bridge once it's out of warranty will likely cost as much as just throwing the Taramps in a dumpster and buying a new one.
I am going to pull the trigger on the smart 3. Thanks for the info.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...