Kicker Key200.4 vs JBL DSP0486

Participant count
  • Participant list

powerlifter405

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Another have a budget bullsh$t thread.:geek:

We all ran car and home audio for umpteen years without any DSP. My home subs are DSP'd by JTR but the rest of the system is run flat EQ.
I don't have to run a DSP but if it supposedly improves the SQ that much then I'm open to give it a shot.

I can score either of the amps above for nearly the same price.
The Kicker will do 4ch out and the JBL will do 8 out. I can take channels 7 and/or 8 and also use it as a sub out signal. If I get the JBL I'll use the extra channels to run the tweeters active, on the kicker I will need to use passive crossovers for the tweets.

any thoughts or experiences on these two? I do read the KK is basically plug and play, hit the test tone and thats about it.

Another have a budget bullsh$t thread.:geek:

We all ran car and home audio for umpteen years without any DSP. My home subs are DSP'd by JTR but the rest of the system is run flat EQ.
I don't have to run a DSP but if it supposedly improves the SQ that much then I'm open to give it a shot.

I can score either of the amps above for nearly the same price.
The Kicker will do 4ch out and the JBL will do 8 out. I can take channels 7 and/or 8 and also use it as a sub out signal. If I get the JBL I'll use the extra channels to run the tweeters active, on the kicker I will need to use passive crossovers for the tweets.

any thoughts or experiences on these two? I do read the KK is basically plug and play, hit the test tone and thats about it.
I like the kicker honestly but I think the jbl with more outputs Is the way to go the dsp on the kicker kind of adjusts itself but one cool thing is it has a internal clip limiter

I found an open box kicker on Tues, delivered to my door for just under $200. If I don't like it I can sell it on the F150 forums and make my $$ back.
The neg reviews for the JBL was getting it tuned in. I'll post up my findings.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...