taramps clipping

Participant count
  • Participant list

Based

CarAudio.com Elite
Louisiana
hey I got my Taramps HD3K 1ohm two days ago and I have the clipping monitor that comes with it. I turned my amp up until the clip light came on with a -10 40hz tone. I still have my stock 110a alt but my 320a alt is coming in soon.

If I have turned it up until it starts to clip does that mean the amp is done with producing power? Will my 320a alt not even make it louder?

It will make the power longer since you wont be dropping voltage as fast. So the easy answer is yes.With around 40 amps you have now the amp might make 1000 watts
So higher amperage and higher voltage means higher clip ceiling? Or just would I keep the amp's level the same but it would just be louder?

So higher amperage and higher voltage means higher clip ceiling? Or just would I keep the amp's level the same but it would just be louder?
Kind of. It means it will maintain clean longer. It takes power to make power and right now you dont have any power. Let that amp clip to much now and its going to smoke. Revisit the gain once you get more power. It might change it might not.

Kind of. It means it will maintain clean longer. It takes power to make power and right now you dont have any power. Let that amp clip to much now and its going to smoke. Revisit the gain once you get more power. It might change it might not.
Well it better because there's no way I'm pushing 3k. My 4 oa 15s sound like they're doing a low 40s db....

Not even close. They cant keep up with the very fast dips, even Stinger says those are ment to read steady voltage
Yeah I know because it's digital not anolog like the SMD one... Most times when it clips it'll just clip when a kick drum transient plays so I'm assuming that the clipping is being caused by the quick voltage drop when the kick drum hits. But the more I turn it up the more the clipping light stays on.

Yeah I know because it's digital not anolog like the SMD one... Most times when it clips it'll just clip when a kick drum transient plays so I'm assuming that the clipping is being caused by the quick voltage drop when the kick drum hits. But the more I turn it up the more the clipping light stays on.
Thats what happens when you dont have enough power

Thats what happens when you dont have enough power
Aight.
I have another q for you... I am using the LC-1 bass knob and it goes from -8 to +8. Should I be having it +8 or can that cause clipping of the HU signal?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.