Taramps Bass 12k

IF anyone has any questions, we are the source for Taramp's information, pricing, dealership, tech support, etc..

All amplifiers of Brazil are mostly designed with midbass/range/tweeters in mind.

Frequencies below 30hz are not important so internal parts to support such sub range isnt much cared for.

There are guidelines to safely operate amplifiers like Taramp's for proper use on subwoofers.

We provide these guidelines.

The problem is we are just one distributor. There is more than 1 and all of their dealers as well.

Other sellers to not educate/inform the purchaser of the guidelines and products fail or not following our guidelines, products can fail.

While that had/has been going on for some time, it was also brought to Taramp's attention at the end of 2013 or 2014(can't remember), we had meeting with Taramp's engineer about USA designed amplifiers that can handle abuse without failure.

To make this brief-

Only the Taramp's HD8000 eX, HD15000 and Bass 12K meet these requirements.

HD15000s are moving very well lately as all three of these amplifiers have more protection on them than a typical korean amplifier does.

These three amplifiers have 6-way Digital System Protection with a few upgraded internals.

The HD15000s have been tested on 0.5ohm and the recent Bass12k has been tested on 0.187 ohm loads for burps. I'd say these are ready for the US environment.

It's only a matter of time where we realize these are a great product to own.

Unlike other brands who only warranty their large amplifiers based on manufacturer defect, We ensure Taramp's provides Fee-Free warranty service within 1st year of ownership to the result of any failure. We want the US to be proud of owning products that are engineered with the customer in mind.
there should be no guidelines on running an amplifier.

use the proper wiring set he gain and listen

I meant 8k at 1ohm final load
We are talking about the bass 12k not the HD 8k thats a whole totally different line of amps not made for .25 ohm loads. The bass 12k daymian said he ran over 5 minutes of music at .25 ohm loads with no issues. Pulled a 159.6db with a single bass 12k at .25 ohms.

Just because its "taramps" doesnt mean you lump all models up and judge them based on X model's performance. Any testing done with the HD series at .25 ohms do not correlate to any performance with the bass series at all as they are totally different amp lines. The bass series are full on subwoofer duty amps that can be wired to very low ohm loads vs the old hd series. The new HD EX series can handle half ohm daily as well however i never saw .25 ohm load tests but many run them half ohm for daily.

there should be no guidelines on running an amplifier.use the proper wiring set he gain and listen
there's guidelines for any amplfiier on the market to be ran properly. Just because you are complacent with abusing koreans doesnt mean you can be a dumb@ss with amps with different technology... However now you can with the bass series but still... back then the people that blew the old models of taramps operated out of manufacturer's guidlines.

We are talking about the bass 12k not the HD 8k thats a whole totally different line of amps not made for .25 ohm loads. The bass 12k daymian said he ran over 5 minutes of music at .25 ohm loads with no issues. Pulled a 159.6db with a single bass 12k at .25 ohms.
Just because its "taramps" doesnt mean you lump all models up and judge them based on X model's performance.

there's guidelines for any amplfiier on the market to be ran properly. Just because you are complacent with abusing koreans doesn't mean you can be a dumb@ss with amps with different technology... However now you can with the bass series but still... back then the people that blew the old models of taramps operated out of manufacturer's guidlines.
amp manufacturer says you run at One ohm. you run at one ohm.

thats why I try to correct people and don't recommend most people run koreans at lower than one ohm. i'm running mine at .5 now and it definitely puts a-lot more stress on the power supply i can't go 2 minutes without blowing my 300 amp breaker.

most people don't even know how to properly size wire for their amp. and the industry is to blame. that being said an amp should be as easily at hooking up at the proper load and enjoying it.

amp manufacturer says you run at One ohm. you run at one ohm.thats why I try to correct people and don't recommend most people run koreans at lower than one ohm. i'm running mine at .5 now and it definitely puts a-lot more stress on the power supply i can't go 2 minutes without blowing my 300 amp breaker.

most people don't even know how to properly size wire for their amp. and the industry is to blame. that being said an amp should be as easily at hooking up at the proper load and enjoying it.
well thats me with my hd 15ks at 1ohm each... Still havent done my triple 1/0 inputs yet... single 1/0 run to the 15ks... still a lot more upgrades to be done when i have spare time.

Just because its "taramps" doesnt mean you lump all models up and judge them based on X model's performance. Any testing done with the HD series at .25 ohms do not correlate to any performance with the bass series at all as they are totally different amp lines. The bass series are full on subwoofer duty amps that can be wired to very low ohm loads vs the old hd series. The new HD EX series can handle half ohm daily as well however i never saw .25 ohm load tests but many run them half ohm for daily.

there's guidelines for any amplfiier on the market to be ran properly. Just because you are complacent with abusing koreans doesnt mean you can be a dumb@ss with amps with different technology... However now you can with the bass series but still... back then the people that blew the old models of taramps operated out of manufacturer's guidlines.
Yes i know we are talking about the bass 12k. Me and Daymian tested the 1st one in the US in my truck. It protected every burp at .25 ohm. It protected when he played music at .25 in less than a minute.

amp manufacturer says you run at One ohm. you run at one ohm.thats why I try to correct people and don't recommend most people run koreans at lower than one ohm. i'm running mine at .5 now and it definitely puts a-lot more stress on the power supply i can't go 2 minutes without blowing my 300 amp breaker.

I usually run .35 or .25 daily //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Breakers svck for car audio. Everytime it trips it becomes weaker. Get a fuse or just run straight wire.

[quote name='Dub7sonoma']Yes i know we are talking about the bass 12k. Me and Daymian tested the 1st one in the US in my truck. It protected every burp at .25 ohm. It protected when he played music at .25 in less than a minute.[/QUOTE]

due to voltage, final load, or heat?

or a combination of voltage and load producing more power than its designed for? @shizzzon has talked about it

Breakers svck for car audio. Everytime it trips it becomes weaker. Get a fuse or just run straight wire.
Make sure to use the proper amperage fuse too (for safety, of course)

BhvPBTwIIAA-bfm.jpg

So, it's been a while. Who has had their Bass 12k for a while without issue? Or with issue?

Initial failures are whatever, that's just QC or shipping issues.
@shizzzon is there any veracity to these claims? Has it been resolved? Just keep input voltage low?
I think it is an input voltage thing in my case (over 1.5v AC, they would sawtooth on any gain level). I talked to the guy who repairs them for a bit and basically input voltage needs to be 1v or below, also don't leave them idling without speakers connected for long periods of time (something with how they are designed, even when no load is connected, there is still stuff going on inside).

bump @shizzzon

i really would like more information on these amps. the internals make me skeptical but ive seen that before with full bridge

ive seen it posted that they have triple 1/0 inputs but all pictures are dual 1/0 inputs? which is it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.