Alpine 3522s?

well i just saw one on ebay go for $50 shipped......but it didnt have any bridged specs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

thats a old one..I'm not positive but it might be the one thats not bridgeable? does it have the bridge switch on the side of it?I remember that one of the low number 35 series wasnt bridgeable and I'm thinkin it was the 3523 that was a one channel? maybe the 21 was the not bridgable one...they had transister power supplies and I think A1264/C3182 outputs which alpine used in that whole series and just kept adding more of them to get more output...man those things were all over the place back in the early 90's...Anyway it goes the bridged output of them wasnt anything to spectacular...if it was 30 a channel at 4 ohms bridged it was prob some where around 80 and I seriously doubt it hit 100..they werent to powerful..it was before they used fets in power supplies and the power supplies in those things couldnt take to much of a beating...but they had pretty good sound quality...Alpine held on to the transister power supply like some people held on to thier casettes when CD's hit the market(including me!)

30wx2 into 4ohms @ .08% distortion

or

40wx2 into 2ohms @ .3% distortion

single-channel bridged mode 80wx1 @ .3% distortion

And the original Good Guys floor sample tag on mine has a date of 01/03/95 on the package it came in.

thats a old one..I'm not positive but it might be the one thats not bridgeable? does it have the bridge switch on the side of it?I remember that one of the low number 35 series wasnt bridgeable and I'm thinkin it was the 3523 that was a one channel? maybe the 21 was the not bridgable one...they had transister power supplies and I think A1264/C3182 outputs which alpine used in that whole series and just kept adding more of them to get more output...man those things were all over the place back in the early 90's...Anyway it goes the bridged output of them wasnt anything to spectacular...if it was 30 a channel at 4 ohms bridged it was prob some where around 80 and I seriously doubt it hit 100..they werent to powerful..it was before they used fets in power supplies and the power supplies in those things couldnt take to much of a beating...but they had pretty good sound quality...Alpine held on to the transister power supply like some people held on to thier casettes when CD's hit the market(including me!)
Are you SURE about that?? Pretty sure people used “FETs” back in the day. I actually have one right now that I purchased new in 1991 and I am still using today! It is currently driving a single 10” dvc Pyle sub. Damn thing will not die!!

65F9EF2D-61C2-4E51-BEDB-43D96D7C30EF.jpeg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.