Taramps Bass 12k

Wow ! The HD 15k can do .5 ? brazillian at half ohm ? WUUUUUUUUUT ?? I just ordered one but I think I will run it at 2 ohms for now and see how it does.
So you have been asking me questions for how long about Taramps and then order from someone else? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

So you have been asking me questions for how long about Taramps and then order from someone else? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Ya and sorry man ! But there was some other things involved. But I will probably want a 4 channel and a 2 channel soon. I know theres another guy whos going to be pissed at me too. I do try to spread it around to the guys on the forums I frequent just a lot of peeps selling them.

Ya and sorry man ! But there was some other things involved. But I will probably want a 4 channel and a 2 channel soon. I know theres another guy whos going to be pissed at me too. I do try to spread it around to the guys on the forums I frequent just a lot of peeps selling them.
Just messing with ya. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I dont do it for money. Im more than happy answering questions and getting more people into Taramps. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

LMK how you like the 15k. Im really wanting to get rid of my FSDs and go back to taramps. Either the 15k or the 12k. Koreans aren't doing it for me haha.

Just messing with ya. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
I dont do it for money. Im more than happy answering questions and getting more people into Taramps. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Ya and I appreciate the time you take answering my questions. And yes it has been a while ha ha I think it was on the 8k first and then the 10k and now its 15k if i would have waited any longer it would have been on the 150k LOL !

@popwathomie so does the new hd8000ex play the low lows? Also are you a dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats not true that taramps won't play lows.. My team mate runs 2 18s in a 6th order on an 8k. He plays 14hz quite often.. I call his truck the whale fart.

Thats not true that taramps won't play lows.. My team mate runs 2 18s in a 6th order on an 8k. He plays 14hz quite often.. I call his truck the whale fart.
Hm so they do get low? Even in just a regular ported enclosure? And how much power do you recommend for 2 DSS ethos

Hm so they do get low? Even in just a regular ported enclosure? And how much power do you recommend for 2 DSS ethos

Yes. I've ran quite a few Taramps amps and all but one of my boxes have been just ported.

I can't recommend how much power to those subs as I have no experience with them.

Yes. I've ran quite a few Taramps amps and all but one of my boxes have been just ported.
I can't recommend how much power to those subs as I have no experience with them.
They recommend 2k a piece. But do these amps make their #s

They recommend 2k a piece. But do these amps make their #s

I think you'll be fine with Taramps 8k on a pair. They take the abuse and I think taylorfade clamped 5900 after rise. I'm going to run 10k a pair in the 4th. The ethos take abuse. And the Taramps out out the power and to who ever said asked about the low lows yes they get there no problem.

IF anyone has any questions, we are the source for Taramp's information, pricing, dealership, tech support, etc..

All amplifiers of Brazil are mostly designed with midbass/range/tweeters in mind.

Frequencies below 30hz are not important so internal parts to support such sub range isnt much cared for.

There are guidelines to safely operate amplifiers like Taramp's for proper use on subwoofers.

We provide these guidelines.

The problem is we are just one distributor. There is more than 1 and all of their dealers as well.

Other sellers to not educate/inform the purchaser of the guidelines and products fail or not following our guidelines, products can fail.

While that had/has been going on for some time, it was also brought to Taramp's attention at the end of 2013 or 2014(can't remember), we had meeting with Taramp's engineer about USA designed amplifiers that can handle abuse without failure.

To make this brief-

Only the Taramp's HD8000 eX, HD15000 and Bass 12K meet these requirements.

HD15000s are moving very well lately as all three of these amplifiers have more protection on them than a typical korean amplifier does.

These three amplifiers have 6-way Digital System Protection with a few upgraded internals.

The HD15000s have been tested on 0.5ohm and the recent Bass12k has been tested on 0.187 ohm loads for burps. I'd say these are ready for the US environment.

It's only a matter of time where we realize these are a great product to own.

Unlike other brands who only warranty their large amplifiers based on manufacturer defect, We ensure Taramp's provides Fee-Free warranty service within 1st year of ownership to the result of any failure. We want the US to be proud of owning products that are engineered with the customer in mind.

Will the bass 12k run .66ohm daily? Thinking about trying two of them if they will handle it.

IF 0.66 is the actual number you are measuring with multimeter, yes. Even the original HD amps can do that but have potential to fail if the following isn't known-

I don't know how but it got severely distorted when this rumor went around brazilian amps can play the lows well or however you want to word it.

Well, here is the ACTUAL truth behind what is going on-

On the original HD lines(and current amps below the hd8000)-

So, normal suggestion is do not clip over 14.4v and keep it wired no lower than stable ohm rating.

Well, user sets their gains perfectly.

The problem comes when they start playing modified music that peaks below 30hz. What happens is their is a light rolloff going down the FR.

Without changing the volume, if the signal amplitude at lets say 50hz is the same as 25hz on the song, then when it gets to 25hz.. IT will start clipping (normally).

User didn't adjust volume.. just letting it play. IF they are not paying attention, every time it drops low, its clipping.

Now, clipping is fine amp-wise BUT if they are clipping at a high enough voltage... Then those low frequencies when clipped are actually forcing the amplifier to produce more power than it's designed for.

So, in these cases, poof, the FETs pop.

The HD8000 eX, HD15000 and Bass 12k have upgraded FETS in comparison to the other HD amps power ratings to FET ratings so users can wire them below 1ohm for competition and get large wattage numbers out of them without them popping in few seconds.

They ALWAYS played low. A local friend of mine ran his original HD8000 on modified music down to 17hz but when it dropped, he also had bad DC voltage drop too so since he was so used to combating that(low voltage causes amps to clip sooner as well), he was used to turning it down a click or two on songs like that.

In the statements i've made previously about them being able to do 0.5ohm. These are suggested on a burp.

I have charts here which show estimated rail voltage across different impedance and all DC voltages with Amperage threshold not to exceed.

When looking at it, running at 0.5ohm.. if daily, it MUST be on low voltage and the source material must not be modified near 0db bass lines which implies you need decent impedance rise as well.

3x impedance rise on modified music and 2-2.5x impedance rise on normal music.

This is because the current output threshold for sustained use is easily exceeded if reactive load is pegging 1ohm or lower and the input signal is maxed out at the time (clearly visible if clipping but can happen before clipping as well).

I'm willing to almost bet that no one here knew the hd15000, for example, is also rated at 18,000w 1ohm at 15.8v.

The sweet spot on these amps appears to be high voltage, around 15-15.5v with a reactive load between 2-3 ohms.

You should easily, on the hd15000, be able to get to 10,11,12 and even 13kw output and not risk clipping it hard at these levels.

So play low and clip full tilt and taramp goes pop smoke. Isn't that the rule for any amplifier. If you clip full tilt it will eventually blow up.

All I play is modified music and I like 20-50hz.. Voltage full tilt right now is like 13.5v.

The problem with the original ones is they do not stop making power.. You tell them to make more.. they would continue to do so until they popped.

The new ones have 6way protection on them now so hopefully it will stop the amplifier from killing itself if user tries to request too much power from them.

The problem with the original ones is they do not stop making power.. You tell them to make more.. they would continue to do so until they popped.
The new ones have 6way protection on them now so hopefully it will stop the amplifier from killing itself if user tries to request too much power from them.
Hopefully? I need a 100% shouldn't blow up lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.