Taramps, Banda or Soundigital?

SunUpNeverdown

Support starving audiophiles in America
Jan 12, 2020
Everywhere
Out of the three Brazilian brands, which is the best? I’ve heard some bad and good things about taramps. I heard they catch fire sometime and send dirty power. Is that true? I have only seen one bad thing about soundigital and that’s that they pull way more amperes than a Korean amp at the same rms. And I don’t know much about Banda accept that them amp keep blowing and ******* up. Can somebody fill me in?

Last edited:

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
I prefer Taramps myself. Out of my 11 and my teammates many Taramps amps none have ever caught fire.

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
Nope. The clipping monitor will be sure to let you know if clipping. It's pretty sensitive.

SunUpNeverdown

Jan 12, 2020
Everywhere
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Have u ever ran soundigital or been close with someone that did or does? Somebody is trying to sell me a soundigital 8k and is bad mouthing taramps cause I said I was gonna get a taramps 8k

wew lad

wew lad inc
5,000+ posts
Mar 22, 2015
VA
I'd avoid Soundigital personally.

Taramps and then banda would be my choice. The larger new banda's seem to be much more stable than the smaller older ones.

Taramps seem to be fairly stable among the entire newer lines like the Bass and MD series. Don't be a f***ing idiot and wire them low or clip them and you should be fine. They're cheap, get one that's oversized and don't vibrate the life out of it.

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
I don't have much experience with Soundigital. I've never ran one myself. Had a local guy who ran Banda amps and was constantly having issues with them but it was years ago. I went back to Korean amps after getting a deal I couldn't pass up with FSD amps and regret it.

SunUpNeverdown

Jan 12, 2020
Everywhere
Dude was probably just bad mouthing taramps so I would buy his soundigital amp. He tried to throw a pitch at me.

SunUpNeverdown

Jan 12, 2020
Everywhere
I'd avoid Soundigital personally.

Taramps and then banda would be my choice. The larger new banda's seem to be much more stable than the smaller older ones.

Taramps seem to be fairly stable among the entire newer lines like the Bass and MD series. Don't be a f***ing idiot and wire them low or clip them and you should be fine. They're cheap, get one that's oversized and don't vibrate the life out of it.
Y would u avoid soundigital?

SunUpNeverdown

Jan 12, 2020
Everywhere
Nope. The clipping monitor will be sure to let you know if clipping. It's pretty sensitive.
Dude said he had a taramps 10k that kept clipping for no reason and got really hot quickly. Do the taramps run hot quickly or is he blowing smoke at me?

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
I have never had one get hot on me. They have 4 fans in them. I'm sure if you hard clipped one for a while it would get hot though.

I have thermal protected a few Koreans.. lol

wew lad

wew lad inc
5,000+ posts
Mar 22, 2015
VA
Dude said he had a taramps 10k that kept clipping for no reason and got really hot quickly. Do the taramps run hot quickly or is he blowing smoke at me?
They only get hot when you run them hard on hot days or below rated impedance. I've gotten my hd15k pretty damn hot but it was in 110 degree weather when I was competing at a show clamping 10-12kw out of it wired to .35dcr

It's also not ventilated as well as it should be.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds