Taramps, Banda or Soundigital?

Participant count
  • Participant list

SunUpNeverdown

Support starving audiophiles in America
Out of the three Brazilian brands, which is the best? I’ve heard some bad and good things about taramps. I heard they catch fire sometime and send dirty power. Is that true? I have only seen one bad thing about soundigital and that’s that they pull way more amperes than a Korean amp at the same rms. And I don’t know much about Banda accept that them amp keep blowing and ******* up. Can somebody fill me in?

Last edited:
Have u ever ran soundigital or been close with someone that did or does? Somebody is trying to sell me a soundigital 8k and is bad mouthing taramps cause I said I was gonna get a taramps 8k

I'd avoid Soundigital personally.

Taramps and then banda would be my choice. The larger new banda's seem to be much more stable than the smaller older ones.

Taramps seem to be fairly stable among the entire newer lines like the Bass and MD series. Don't be a f***ing idiot and wire them low or clip them and you should be fine. They're cheap, get one that's oversized and don't vibrate the life out of it.

I don't have much experience with Soundigital. I've never ran one myself. Had a local guy who ran Banda amps and was constantly having issues with them but it was years ago. I went back to Korean amps after getting a deal I couldn't pass up with FSD amps and regret it.

I'd avoid Soundigital personally.

Taramps and then banda would be my choice. The larger new banda's seem to be much more stable than the smaller older ones.

Taramps seem to be fairly stable among the entire newer lines like the Bass and MD series. Don't be a f***ing idiot and wire them low or clip them and you should be fine. They're cheap, get one that's oversized and don't vibrate the life out of it.
Y would u avoid soundigital?

I have never had one get hot on me. They have 4 fans in them. I'm sure if you hard clipped one for a while it would get hot though.

I have thermal protected a few Koreans.. lol

Dude said he had a taramps 10k that kept clipping for no reason and got really hot quickly. Do the taramps run hot quickly or is he blowing smoke at me?
They only get hot when you run them hard on hot days or below rated impedance. I've gotten my hd15k pretty damn hot but it was in 110 degree weather when I was competing at a show clamping 10-12kw out of it wired to .35dcr

It's also not ventilated as well as it should be.

here in mauritius, we have banda and recently soundigital. heard some bad review like heating etc on the soundigital. planning to get a banda 800.4 to power 4 x 180 watt rms speakers. will bridge them to get 400 x 2 channel and then connect the speaker 2 by 2 in parralel and hook them to a channel to get 200 watt rms each. but the thing is that the banda amp looks rough and like military devices. dont know if its good to calibrate sound perfectly and produce high quality vocals.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...