tahoe/kenwood troubles?????

Participant count
  • Participant list

boomtahoe

Any experts that can help????? I own a 2002 Chevy Tahoe LS. This is a basic model, meaning no on-star or bose system. I have installed a kenwood KDC-MP735U head unit, and kenwood KFC-1661S 6.5 inch speakers in the front doors, and Cadence ZX-351 3.5 inch speakers in the rear pillars. The rear door speakers, subwoofer and amp are all factory installed.

My problem is, when i fade the speakers to the back, there is hardly any sound. I have to turn it up all the way just to hear it. When i fade the speakers to the front, the front speakers play loud. When i balance it all in the middle, the front speakers still play loud, and the rear door speakers, the rear pillar speakers,and subwoofer can't even be heard. Is there maybe a funtion on the head unit that would cause this? Can anyone help??????

on my kenwood i had there IS a function that messes with your front 2 speakers..bc i pressed it before at high volume and almost blew my ears and my speakers...**** for the life of me i cant remember what it is....but it's def the function im thinking of....if i HEARD the name i would know

that's also an good setting to look into

Built-In Amp Setting: If you are using external amplifiers to power all of your vehicle's speakers you can turn the unit's built-in amplifier off to enhance the player's preamp output quality.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.