table saw tips?

PV Audio
5,000+ posts

The Vision of Sound
Indy
got my table saw working and it ain't bad at all. only problem is that i am having a wee bit of trouble keeping the board aligned with the fence. any general tips on the saw or specifically how to saw large boards? thanks

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

it has this like clamp thing already on it. it slides down the table and u push down on this lil cam and it locks it into place

just go slow, dont try and tear through it. apply force slightly towards the fence like in the pic. also, dont cut a piece wider than it is long. It will tend to wobble alot more and can be dangerous. once that blade grabs hold of it when wobbling, its gonna end up either in your stomach or several feet behind you.

for large boards, do what jack said.

lol, get somone to help you.

ripping 4'x8' sheets is next to impossible by yourself, unless you have TABLE saw, not a dinky bench saw //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

yeah i figured out that it was easier to just use the circular saw to get it nice and workable, then cut the baffles with the saw. still ned to get 'er level tho (my garage slopes towards the middle for a drain, so the ground isn't level).

if u have ur front back and sides, cut them ALL AT ONCE! u will NEVER get the same 13.5 inch or whatever everytime. u will never be exact 100% of the time. if u are 2 mm short, CUTE EVERY PIECE that should be that length if possible. cut a 48 inch piece at say 13.5 that way, u can come back and cut it at the length u need, and all ur pieces are the EXACT same height.

if u have ur front back and sides, cut them ALL AT ONCE! u will NEVER get the same 13.5 inch or whatever everytime. u will never be exact 100% of the time. if u are 2 mm short, CUTE EVERY PIECE that should be that length if possible. cut a 48 inch piece at say 13.5 that way, u can come back and cut it at the length u need, and all ur pieces are the EXACT same height.

Now thats a **** good tip! If you can make that work, I would!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.