T-Line box for a Fi Bl 12

you should if you have the room. spy built a box not to long ago with 2 8's in a T-line.
oh really? nice. I don't want to clutter this guy's thread plus I'm on my mobile but if you could pm me the link to that thread, if it's easy to find, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for all the compliments guys.. Hopefully i get video of it monday when i get back from stillwater.. This thing flexes pretty darn good for 300 watts on a Bl. Haha.. I've always wanted to make a different box like a T-Line and luckily i roped a kid into makin one for him. LOl..

Next on my list will either be a 6th order bandpass, or a folded hold.. Does anybody have links to where i could learn more about these enclosures?

Meh....i still wanna see a TL test on 30-50hz with this and a normal ported box @ 35hz.

Whats the benefits?
Don't know about putting one of these against a straight up ported box, but a T-Line will hit everynote from 25 to 60 and be loud doing it.. While a ported box, say tuned to 35 hz, will be dominate in a short range, yet lose output the further away you get from your peak.

Vid Uploading.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif :) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif :) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif :)

The camera is a Sony Cybershot w290. It does extremely well at capturing a sub, because even under high spl (i've sat in a blazer doing a 158) the camera doesn't distort at all and the only thing you can see is the vehicle flexing and hear it rattling. Haha.. By far the best camera i've seen for the money. 12.1 megs and shoots HD vidoes, for $225.

ANOTHER VID..!!!

Disclaimer: the noise you hear is not the coil, it's the styrofoam in the port. Haha..

And here's a vid to show some excursion and air movement. i should have used a 20oz bottle cuz i can make it dance in the port. Lol.. Might have to make another vid when the new amp comes in... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The math for figuring a t-line box is a lot easier than a regular ported box IMO. The only downside of a t-line is the massive size you have to build one for it to be tuned to the Fs of your particular speaker. The only thing that saved me from making this box ungodly big is that the Fs is 35.2, instead of something like 26hz or so, which would have made the box a lot bigger..
If you think the math is easier, you must have built it according the steve meade forum tutorial, which says to use the Sd and Fs of the driver and go to town. This is not an accurate transmission line model and I would bet my life that if you measured your impedance curve you would have to distinct spikes (which means it's a 1/4 wave resonator and not a transmission line for that driver).

Looks good and I bet it sounds great though!

If you think the math is easier, you must have built it according the steve meade forum tutorial, which says to use the Sd and Fs of the driver and go to town. This is not an accurate transmission line model and I would bet my life that if you measured your impedance curve you would have to distinct spikes (which means it's a 1/4 wave resonator and not a transmission line for that driver).
Looks good and I bet it sounds great though!
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif i used that **** too

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.