System's Current

Participant count
  • Participant list

allenjanthony
10+ year member

I currently own a 93 Acura Legend. I installed a Precision Power PCX 480 amp in my car and lately my windows act like they do now want to role up. I was wondering if I needed to install a new alternator or do I need a cap for my amp. I took the amp out and it rolled up fine like nothing was wrong. I would appreciate all help if possible.

Thanks

Do you have a #4 gauge wire to a fuse distribution block and from the block a #8 gauge wire? If so add another battery in the trunk. From the fuse block get a #4 wire to the positive of the battery and the negative to the chassis this will help a lot if you have enough money left have an electromechanic put a GM 120 amp alternator that will fit Honda base and a capasitor is good to have if the amplifier is for the sub-woofer.

Right now I only have one amp hooked up and I am having this problem. I already have a 4 gauge positive wire and a 4 gauge negative wire hooked up. I don't have a battery in the trunk. Between the time when I disconnected my old amp and hooked up my new amp, I had no problem with the windows rolling. As soon as I hooked an amp back up I started to have problems with the windows rolling up slowly. My lights don't dim so I have no idea of what it could be.

the best bet would be to either upgrade to a higher amp alternator or get your current one rewound to a higher amp rating....and i wouldnt recomend getting a cap untill you have done one of the prev. because getting a cap will put more of a strain on your already straining alternator....as for a second batt...if u go w/ one you'll either need to wire in in paralell w/ your current one which would put an even greater strain on the alt. or just wire somthing directly to it and make sure you have a batt. charger on hand cause you'll need to recharge it every so often....so your best bet would just upgrade your alt or rewind it....good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.