System upgrade

Here’s a question, if the sub itself calls for a 6.5” mounting depth, and let’s say a pre-built box says it has a 6.5” mounting depth, does that mean the sub will fit perfectly or would I need a 6.75” or even 7” mounting depth for it to work? I’ve never had to get this technical with space requirements before as I usually have the local shop build my boxes for me but I’d like to try and get as much of this install done without getting ripped off by them as possible
On a sub with a rear pole vent I'd recommend leaving at least as much space between the sub and the rear wall as the diameter of the vent.

Well I’m open to suggestions if you know of something different. Keeping in mind whatever I go with will have to be built in a box with the idea of fitting under the rear seat due to being a truck and wanting to keep that seat. But not many people around my town even know what Sundown’s are. Local shop pushes JL’s to the max and that’s about it from them. As far as amplifiers go, if I were to go with a different amp than the MA, what would you suggest? The Sundown SAE-1500D appears to be a perfect fit, but it’s a bit pricey compared to say a HiFonics Brutus. Is the HiFonics really that much worse that it’s $200 less? I also want to say thank you for all the help so far, went from one question to several off the wall questions and you continue to be helpful

Both are Chinese made, but the Sundown is better supported.

I would do something like this for the sub stage:

Orion XTR1500.1d or Wolfram 1500 ~$250

DD 610s ~ my local DD dealer quoted me at $130 each

Custom ported box made by a reputable builder or pay for a design and build it yourself and save a lot.

The box is the most important part so don't cheap out on it and if you want to be the loudest in your town don't use a sealed box.

Yea 1500rms is as much as I would run without a HO alt. Truck alt's are usually 140-180a so you should be good but still do big 3 and battery upgrades. That amp would be fine on SA's or similar. SA's are good subs, I would personally use something else because I like to be different.
Back to the alternator I just went and looked. My truck has a 145amp alternator it currently. Is that still enough for a 1500 watt amp? What would I need to push 2,000wrms later down the road? Whether 145amp is enough or not, what size alternator would you recommend to keep things safe for later down the road if I decided to go bigger? Possible brands or links would be nice as well. I read somewhere that AC Delco even makes high output alternators for a relatively decent price but I couldn’t find them

Back to the alternator I just went and looked. My truck has a 145amp alternator it currently. Is that still enough for a 1500 watt amp? What would I need to push 2,000wrms later down the road? Whether 145amp is enough or not, what size alternator would you recommend to keep things safe for later down the road if I decided to go bigger? Possible brands or links would be nice as well. I read somewhere that AC Delco even makes high output alternators for a relatively decent price but I couldn’t find them

145a alt and a good battery (at least 50ah) will sustain up to 1500-1600rms. You'll need a minimum of 200a alt for 2kw rms. If you go bigger than that get the biggest alt you can find from a reputable company and possibly a battery bank as well depending on how far you want to go.

145a alt and a good battery (at least 50ah) will sustain up to 1500-1600rms. You'll need a minimum of 200a alt for 2kw rms. If you go bigger than that get the biggest alt you can find from a reputable company and possibly a battery bank as well depending on how far you want to go.
I don’t believe I’ll ever have the need to go over 2,000 Watts in my truck on two 10’s. Just to keep it practical that’s probably the most I’d ever do. Only reason I’d even consider more than 1500 Watts on two SA-10’s is because I’ve read from multiple places people throw 2k+ at them and they hold up very well which is what made me worry about 1500 not being enough for their full potential in the first place

I don’t believe I’ll ever have the need to go over 2,000 Watts in my truck on two 10’s. Just to keep it practical that’s probably the most I’d ever do. Only reason I’d even consider more than 1500 Watts on two SA-10’s is because I’ve read from multiple places people throw 2k+ at them and they hold up very well which is what made me worry about 1500 not being enough for their full potential in the first place
The reason why people run 2k + amps to SA's is because of impedance rise.

http://ddaudio.com/ddownlow/5183-2/

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.