System sounds totally different with different devices?

Participant count
  • Participant list
So let's see here, I've got a PSI platform 3 in a 8.75 cu ft box tuned at 32Hz on a Zues 3200.1 with 0G. Currently on stock mids and tweeters in a 08 Tundra, (haven't got my pro audio PRVs in yet). I have a JVC KD-S27 head unit. Stock electrical (for now). The box is sitting in the rear seat. I previously had this system in a 98 K1500 with some sound deadening, rear seat out and a false floor, also had a deep cell and a 270amp mechman but those aren't in the picture now. It peaked around 30-32Hz. In the Tundra, it has peaked at about 34-36Hz. In the Chevy I used a Droid Turbo as my playing device. In the Tundra I used a Turbo 2 but had to switch back to the old Turbo 1. Now the system sounds entirely different on the same songs. The mids seem a little louder, the bass sounds much different. Some songs that were previously loud, aren't as loud but Im getting more flex. Some of the best songs before **** now. Its all the same decaf songs off YouTube. Does that make any sense? Why is this? All thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Diff vehicles are always gonna sound different, regardless of the same swap of equipment from one to another.

You had a strong electrical in one, but this one hasn't been touched yet. You should hear a difference a little once you do something to it.

Sound deadener makes a difference as well. Might have to do some fine tuning later on.

Also acoustics are gonna be different too.....this is the inside interior. Like a house, when you move into one, notice how echo-ee it is?! Well once you start adding furniture and stuff, that echo will soon go away because it's absorbing it.

Of course the vehicles will be different. I'm assuming it's not as low too because it's not loading off of the floor. The Tundra isn't sound deadened at all either so that's gotta have a decent amount to do with that too. Funny thing is in the Tundra I have nearly no voltage drop. The biggest question is why the system would sound so different just after changing phones, same vehicle, same settings.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.