Upcoming planned upgrades.

Participant count
  • Participant list

LosIsATool
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
So M'fers I'm finally out of debt for the most part. The last system I sold 2 years plus some is finally paid off. Yeah it took this long but there was more debt with it, I took a retirement advance of $30,000 but they take 10% off my retirement each month until I'm 62. That's fine since I'll be adding 60% to my overall retirement per check from my Veterans medical issues. I still don't know if it was worth it. If I'd known then what I know now and not met the meter bug I could have cut that build in half. Anyway.

I'm in no rush, nothing is currently broken except the ****** ford radio static which the dealership "should" be fixing. They are giving me a hard time due to the aftermarket stuff. I did show them it's silent when I bypass the HU. We will see. Anyway I'll start buying parts as the tune goes by.

This is my guessed order of purchase. I'm trying to get what I can swap and sell first.

The end game is hit the lanes with a full DD SQ car. You never see that and if it wins it will **** the audio snobs off. I enjoy that.

DD AW6.5s from the Hertz 6.5 XL. This should be a straight swap with no particular change in sound.

DD AW28 from the HT28s. Again, shouldn't be a change in sound. Both are pretty much the same for crossovers, size, and power.

Headunit with Apple car play, undecided on which one but it's not going to be top of the line. The dash kit is looking to cost $400 on its own so probably a $400 pioneer or kenwood unit.

DD DS1 DSP. Fairly basic by today's standards but it will do the job. I won't get top dollar for the MS-8 because the display cable is acting up, I have to move it around at the DSP to get it to come on. But it's only needed during the tune. Little mad about that since they are fetching good money these days.

Now I'm stuck on the sub stage. I'm happy with the 8 but I want to do a false floor with everything displayed. This will need a pair of 12s. Either a pair of 2012s or SL12s. Full size or slims is the choice. I'll know more when I start measuring. If you look at Simplicity in Sounds Facebook you will see a lot that Bing has built. That's where my ideas are coming from.

And lastly a pro show and go trunk install. Steve Cook, the legend himself quoted $1500 for the install. Since stock class lets you move the tweeter to the pillars I might add that in for $500 more.

He will also do the tune, he had the 4 cars he tuned win at finals last year.

Well ladies that's it. It will be a slow go but hopefully worth it in the end. I'll make a new build log when it starts probably next month since my old one is locked.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.