System Hiss - even @ min volume

Participant count
  • Participants list

Vansounds

CarAudio.com Newbie
UK
Hi All- first time post, would be great to get some help if possible.

System, i-phone/tidal-->bluetooth receiver-->RCA to Bit one virtuoso-->Hertz ML amps-->Hertz ML front end.

When powering on I get a significant hissing which doesn't go away. With some volume the music means it can't be heard, but something is definitely wrong here. It's definitely a hiss and not a grounding issue, it's high frequency and consistent. It doesn't get louder when I increase the volume either - so it's something in the system causing this.

Any ideas?

Gains too high?

Maybe try powering it up without the bluetooth receiver and phone and see if it is still present.
Have you tried any trouble shooting as of yet? that way were not telling you to try stuff you already did.

Gains too high?

Maybe try powering it up without the bluetooth receiver and phone and see if it is still present.
Have you tried any trouble shooting as of yet? that way were not telling you to try stuff you already did.
Thanks for the reply mate....exactly as you suggested. And basic - yes, the gains were too high! This is my first install - still working things out!!

Hi All- first time post, would be great to get some help if possible.

System, i-phone/tidal-->bluetooth receiver-->RCA to Bit one virtuoso-->Hertz ML amps-->Hertz ML front end.

When powering on I get a significant hissing which doesn't go away. With some volume the music means it can't be heard, but something is definitely wrong here. It's definitely a hiss and not a grounding issue, it's high frequency and consistent. It doesn't get louder when I increase the volume either - so it's something in the system causing this.

Any ideas?

Can you running optical into that Bit processor?

Your main input for noise is going to be between the Bluetooth and the processor. If you have the option, I highly recommend switching from RCA to optical.

I'm glad you got it sorted, I would suggest running your amp gains as low as possible with that virtuoso. I believe it can put out 8v, so you can run the amp gains really low and have a very low noise floor for your stage.

Matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...