System Help - Single Sub + Correctly Tuned Box + Amplifier

I messaged Aaron back and forth and told him why I did less port area than they recommend, ask dude how his box turned out. People don't understand port area, not always.
Yeah, your port area on mine turned out great. I’m glad I just let you design it how you wanted and I just built it.
Unfortunately, “loudness” is subjective so OP wouldn’t truly know what he’d prefer unless he heard each box for himself.

Last edited:
Looks like the guy who was calling people idiots has been removed from the forums as his posts aren't here anymore. I am definitely taking into consideration all that you are telling me and may just end up going the ported route so I can fine-tune it later as I really don't want to end up disappointed in the end. I am a big fan of Funktion One PA sound systems and their live sound is all ported so I am looking to replicate that as much as possible.

I appreciate suggesting the material types and where to get it done, I would either go to Home Depot or find someone here local in Florida that could do it. I would be down for the pieces to be cut to specification so I could just glue and screw. I just would not have a fun time cutting circular pieces out and feel that would drive my OCD insane.

@Buck I think I will stick with the SSA ICON. I was considering the ZCON, but was reading that the ICON typically has better SQ results and it fits more within my budget anyways since I don't plan on doing any competitions - just for pure enjoyment. How do the FI NEO subs compare against SSA? And maybe you could DM me what you would charge for a design? I can get whatever details or specs you need. You're located in Florida?

@Marve_Lous I really appreciate all the solid input. Thank you, brother.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.