Trunk Boxes - Classic Car

mjasinsk

CarAudio.com Newbie
Dec 28, 2020
Newark, Delaware
I have a numbers matching 1968 Convertible Camaro. I want to do as little modification as possible. It currently has just the factory 4 x 8 speaker in the front dash (lame) and an AM/FM converted head unit.

I am wondering if you can do 1 box in the trunk with the SUB, and the mids facing the back seat.

I have ordered re-popped kick panels that I don't have an issue modifying for front speakers.
I just wanted to modify as little as possible while adding some amazing sound.

Has anyone been successful with a box with a SUB on one side coupled with a box for Mids on the front side?

Reactions: twizzyokc

mjasinsk

CarAudio.com Newbie
Dec 28, 2020
Newark, Delaware
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have a numbers matching 1968 Convertible Camaro. I want to do as little modification as possible. It currently has just the factory 4 x 8 speaker in the front dash (lame) and an AM/FM converted head unit.

I am wondering if you can do 1 box in the trunk with the SUB, and the mids facing the back seat.

I have ordered re-popped kick panels that I don't have an issue modifying for front speakers.
I just wanted to modify as little as possible while adding some amazing sound.

Has anyone been successful with a box with a SUB on one side coupled with a box for Mids on the front side?

Something that looks like this... and please if this is a dumb idea feel free to tell me so.

Attachments

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
Rear speakers are never going to give you a good sound stage.

• Dislike
Reactions: twizzyokc and Buck

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
Rear speakers are never going to give you a good sound stage.
I personally hate sound coming from being me, unless it’s bass.

OP, can you go into more detail about the positions you’re referring to?

Reactions: Popwarhomie

nauc

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Mar 22, 2005
Home
id do some good comp speakers up front, and sub in the trunk

forget rear speakers

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
If you have some spare kickpanels that you can modify that would be infinitely superior to trying to run mids and highs in the rear. You should not need much by way of sub-stage to keep up in such a small car (assuming it isn't a convertible) so figure out precisely how much airspace/volume you wish to sacrifice for a sub, what diameter components you can get in the kicks, and how much power you'll have on tap and I'm sure you can get some good suggestions for something that'll work well for you there.

Reactions: Buck

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
only thing correct that i agree with you on.......i paid the extra money for sound quality
Fuck you. Keep disliking all my shit for no reason you unemployed broke bitch. Not a single god damn thing in your POS hooptie is sound quality...

Reactions: Louisiana_CRX

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds