System for small truck

will it being that close to the back of the box effect it any

Depends on the sub, vents and enclosure. I have TC 1000's in downfire in my truck and they are practicaly touching the back of the box, but they are mounted at an angle so I would imagine there is still space for the pole vent, I can't mount them any farther forward or they will slap the carpet, I think they may already be slapping the carpet at high volumes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif . General rule is to leave 1/2 inch of space behind the sub if possible. I talked to AA about this with the assassin and they said it would be fine to have the pole vent restricted. On the TC subs the Voice Coil is kind of open so I would imagine I'm ok... Even with 6.5 inches you have alot of options... I'm not an SPL guy so I won't make any recommendations.

What are your price limits?

Depends on the sub, vents and enclosure. I have TC 1000's in downfire in my truck and they are practicaly touching the back of the box, but they are mounted at an angle so I would imagine there is still space for the pole vent, I can't mount them any farther forward or they will slap the carpet, I think they may already be slapping the carpet at high volumes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif . General rule is to leave 1/2 inch of space behind the sub if possible. I talked to AA about this with the assassin and they said it would be fine to have the pole vent restricted. On the TC subs the Voice Coil is kind of open so I would imagine I'm ok... Even with 6.5 inches you have alot of options... I'm not an SPL guy so I won't make any recommendations.
What are your price limits?
I really dont have any price limit i just dont know what to get

I'm not a kicker fan myself and would love to do a Fi-Q. but like I said I'm not into all out SPL I like SQL. I guess I just don't see the point in having a really loud system, unless it sounds really good. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Sounds like you could fit a MAG 12" in there though. Kicker is good bang for your buck, but I'm sure theres better like DD or SI.

Hopefully someone else can help.

Your planning to fire the woofer at the back of the truck or did I read that wrong? It might sound best in downfire, or upfire. If you can maybe make the port on the side of the box facing one of the doors.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.