System build advice - a few options..advice needed

Participant count
  • Participant list

copernicus
10+ year member

Hi!

I've got a 2012 g37 coupe with the bose system and since I was a car audio enthusiast in a past life I've decided I can't live with the sound. So, I'm considering a few options. For all of these I'll be using a 10w6v2 for a sub (I have one laying around).

Tell me what you think.

Option 1:

Focal 165KRX2 components

JL HD 900/5 amp

No post-processor.

Option 2:

Focal 165KRX3 components

JL HD900/5 amp.

Audison Bit One.

Option 3:

Hertz... something. What's the hertz equivalent to the KRX2 or KRX3s?

JL HD900/5 or LRX 4.1k

Audison Bit One.

Option 4:

Focal 165A3 components

JL XD 700/5 amp.

Another option is that a local store has a LRX 4.1k amp they are willing to sell me for $750 because they ordered it for someone else that never showed up. Would I be better off with this than the JL 900/5?

Anything else I should be considering?

Go Jl. There are others that I like better but you cannot go wrong with JL. I just bought a used xd400/4, haven't got it hooked up yet. looking for a processor.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.