suv owners - how do you secure your box in the back?

there is only a few 'loops' in the back to tie **** down. iirc , ive pulled the bolt out before and it was too short.

how strong is the industrial strength velcro? would teh home depot have it?

im more worried about someone crashing into me then flipping the blazer. i dont drive like an ******* and dont go hauling ass off road. i do keep the rear seats up except on occasion.

there is only a few 'loops' in the back to tie **** down. iirc , ive pulled the bolt out before and it was too short.how strong is the industrial strength velcro? would teh home depot have it?

im more worried about someone crashing into me then flipping the blazer. i dont drive like an ******* and dont go hauling ass off road. i do keep the rear seats up except on occasion.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif You can buy longer bolts!

velco wont work, if you get in a wreck, the carpet will come with the box.

if it sits there, and you get in a wreck, chances are you are dead.

get some decent L-brackets from home depot/lowes/wherever and bolt that bish down.

I use industrial sized velcro worked every time for me:D.

when i picture velcro , i think of the **** you see on clothes.

is the industrial kind strong enough? my sub and box isnt that heavy to hold its own in the back while turning.

when i picture velcro , i think of the **** you see on clothes.is the industrial kind strong enough? my sub and box isnt that heavy to hold its own in the back while turning.
dont be an idiot, just get some l-brackets, be safe. They are cheap and easy to put in.

here is an example

PA100869.jpg

for a wreck scenario I wouldn't trust those little L brackets....even if you had a ton of them. Assuming those are just screws holding those in?

for a wreck scenario I wouldn't trust those little L brackets....even if you had a ton of them. Assuming those are just screws holding those in?
little bolts.

And i didnt show that saying thats the only thing holding my box in, i just wanted to post an example.

There are two extra .75" MDF sheets wedged in .5" gaps around the box, then foamed all the way around, and the faceplate of the box is bolted to the box (in the bed) from the inside of the truck, and bolted down in the front of the box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i have the gas tank right below the cargo area.

just looked at the loop things and ill have to find a big ass torx bit to pull them out and check the thread.

ill swing by HD later and check out some brackets.

I had a half inch bolt tear through the trunk floor of my Accord when a drunken idiot crossed over the center line at 35 MPH. I kept saying I was going to add another bolt and some fender washers. Oh well, at least I was reimbursed for the amp and subwoofer that he ruined, and then some;)

little bolts.
And i didnt show that saying thats the only thing holding my box in, i just wanted to post an example.

There are two extra .75" MDF sheets wedged in .5" gaps around the box, then foamed all the way around, and the faceplate of the box is bolted to the box (in the bed) from the inside of the truck, and bolted down in the front of the box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
yeah, thats probably not going anywhere //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I put tool box rubber tray liner on the bottom of the box to keep it from sliding in the back. Then I made a box tall enough that it couldn't fit past the back seats.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.