Sundown x 12

It makes a bigger difference then i thought it would, or you could go 38.5Hz. Thats halfway between the prefab and your currently. Again cant have it all, i thought the 37hz box hit the lows 40s to hard honestly vs what the low 30s sounded like. It was the loudest range and i didnt like it, but it sounds like thats what your looking for. Im looking for a flat linear response with better higher Hz response then my 32Hz currently, new box is 34Hz ill let you know how it goes.
Yeah man I just want like a happy medium.. This is all new to me so live n learn I guess. I'm just gonna keep this for now, I'm still trying to sell the kicker that I bought last month lol. Sounds good man let me know how it goes. Thanks again for the info

Yeah man I just want like a happy medium.. This is all new to me so live n learn I guess. I'm just gonna keep this for now, I'm still trying to sell the kicker that I bought last month lol. Sounds good man let me know how it goes. Thanks again for the info
Nope no happy medium safly its one or the other. I listen to hip hop and stuff with lows but occasionally i listen to corridos which have NO low bass so it ****** and i got an epicenter which is just distortion mostly but i know how to becareful with it.

Set low pass on HU to ~80 and open it up on the amp.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Nope no happy medium safly its one or the other. I listen to hip hop and stuff with lows but occasionally i listen to corridos which have NO low bass so it ****** and i got an epicenter which is just distortion mostly but i know how to becareful with it.
What're you running nowadays man?

I listen to Chopped and screwed to death metal to country to classic rock.
Same box same tuning same everything.

Get a new sub, your box is perfectly fine.
It's not the woofers. It's the enclosure/install... I've heard many sundowns X,zv4,nsv3 and all very INSTALL DEPENDANT on what they sound like. But yes a sundown X can hit 40-50hz easy like you kicker did if you had the proper install.

The only high excursion woofer that is Total Shlt is the DD sw2509" and the sw35 and the sw95. Total crap and you get herpies and AIDS when u buy them, some have even complained about blue waffle

Thought I'd update if anyone was interested. I turned the sub so it's facing my trunk now and it sounds great, originally had it facing the cabin of the car due to my trunk sounding like it was going to fly off lol very happy with the sub now, thanks everyone for they're input. I just think it needs more power so I'm going to start looking at 3-4K amps. Also anyone have suggestions on a sound deadener that's not crazy expensive? My trunk sounds absolutely horrible I almost don't even want to turn the radio up.

Thought I'd update if anyone was interested. I turned the sub so it's facing my trunk now and it sounds great, originally had it facing the cabin of the car due to my trunk sounding like it was going to fly off lol very happy with the sub now, thanks everyone for they're input. I just think it needs more power so I'm going to start looking at 3-4K amps. Also anyone have suggestions on a sound deadener that's not crazy expensive? My trunk sounds absolutely horrible I almost don't even want to turn the radio up.
Pick up some thick sound deadner and fill up your trunk with it. It will kill all that rattle crap

Q-MAT Trunk Kit

Last edited by a moderator:
Country music?? noloud listens to country :lol:

Sell that sub and get yourself the v.2 x 12. The vesrion 2 is supposed to sound like a traditional sub. I think the lows are still with it as well.

Country music?? noloud listens to country :lol:

Sell that sub and get yourself the v.2 x 12. The vesrion 2 is supposed to sound like a traditional sub. I think the lows are still with it as well.
Mostly country and hair bands. It's mostly the best recorded stuff out there. What?

Had a ZV4 18 and it was one of the cleanest subs. Did a drop in test with a DD 9518 in the sundowns box and the DD did 1.3 db higher. Was louder but didn't have that low end bass. But then again wasn't meant for that box.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Hair bands?
That's what girls use to keep the hair up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/popcorn.gif.32dd9e22fd77e77bc3c907062768fcd2.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.