AB Hd15 vs Tantric Hd15

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
I have the 1500 watt American Bass hd15. I looking for Thoughts about Tantric Hd 15s. There's a guy local that has some for sale pretty cheap but I don't know much about them. I know they are Rated 1500rms like the AB HD, but I was curious if it had any advantages like better Softies, cooling. Capable of being louder then the American Bass HD etc. Pretty much just some insight.

Thoughts

The tantric is a great sub if the guy local has them cheap. I'd grab them. If you blow them. You can always get recone a from other guys like Spl audio or psi if needed

Lol tantric is like german vehicles, while theyre running theyre awesome products but once they mess up they dig deep into your wallet and never come back the same. If theyre cheap it doesnt hurt to try

The sub I had from tantric was a beast. And **** on all the cookie cutters I've heard. Ab hd, sq hdc3, hippo,and that other look alike. But this,was the HDD. Just because murphy isn't doing good doesn't mean his sub's are bad platforms. I would put a HDD against your nsv3's all day. The hd held its own with the zv4 and I know you won't say the zv4 is inferior to the ab hd. I would get the tantrics if I was you. You will never look back.

And in one **** way did the z even get 2db+ ahead. The hd is in the same Lines as the x. Try again let's see a z compete with the hdd. Anyways at no point did the op ask if sundown was better he asked was the hd better then his cookie cutter China sub. Yes its a solid platform and the owner of the company behind it is having trouble. That doesn't make it a bad sub or lesser then the proven Chinese sub. But you have your opinion I have mine.

And in one **** way did the z even get 2db+ ahead. The hd is in the same Lines as the x. Try again let's see a z compete with the hdd. Anyways at no point did the op ask if sundown was better he asked was the hd better then his cookie cutter China sub. Yes its a solid platform and the owner of the company behind it is having trouble. That doesn't make it a bad sub or lesser then the proven Chinese sub. But you have your opinion I have mine.
Ur the one that brought up sundown in the first place.

Tantric HD by far. Only thing is better not abuse them as they won't be able to be reconed with stock parts. But other than that, the Tantric HD literally shits on the AB. In both output and musicality.

I'd stay away only for the factor as most people have said is the ability to have them reconed into factory specs.

Gotta watch Tantric...the owner has scammed a lot of people ...though once a great product ...in the end he was piecing together cheap softparts and robbing peter to pay paul...total con so good parts will be hard to find now ...

Stay away from tantric. If u ever need a recone or something Murphy will just take your money or send you wrong parts and long wait.
I would not buy a stock recone anyway. if i blow it im going to make it better sub

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.