Old school Sub opinions??

Participant count
  • Participant list

vroomy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Australia
Hi guys just looking for some input, I have to make a choice of which path to take on my bass setup. My 2 options are 1 first model Cerwin Vega 15" DVC stroker or 2 old single voice coil Rockford Power series 15" subs. I will be running either on around 600-700w rms, it's my daily driver so looking for good SQ but have good head shaking, throat tickling output.

the 2 15" rockford powers will eat the stroker for output... plus they will sound decent, the old strokers had an odd sound and didn't like to go below 40hz.

you have plenty of power for either since 700w was a crap load of power when those came out.... yes...yes.. I know they can take more but they are sensitive enough to be loud on 700w

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.