Sundown Vs Dc Audio

Really? I heard Dc also loves sealed enclosures. But i am going for SQ though...
I've yet to see anyone with a DC sub sealed. But lets see what we can do for ya.

Would you consider other brands for sealed enclosure?

Find something that has an efficiency bandwidth product of 55 ish or below. Just google up efficiency bandwidth product calculator and it should be the first result. You need to use speaker qes electical and Fs to determine if a sub works well in a sealed or not. Sone subs sound like pure garbage in a sealed.

Find something that has an efficiency bandwidth product of 55 ish or below. Just google up efficiency bandwidth product calculator and it should be the first result. You need to use speaker qes electical and Fs to determine if a sub works well in a sealed or not. Sone subs sound like pure garbage in a sealed.
Best one i've found is the Lethal Injection 12 Incriminator giving 52.6EBP and NVX VCW12 with 49EBP

Last edited by a moderator:
Best one i've found is the Lethal Injection 12 Incriminator giving 52.6EBP and NVX VCW12 with 49EBP
Eeeeeey good job lol you found some of the good ones for sealed all on your own!! Those arent bad choices at all. The pierce audio sub is pretty geared for sealed as well.

DC does indeed give sealed enclosure recommended specs for their subs up to Level 4. I've yet to see someone do it though.

If I were looking at a 750 watt sub from DC, I'd lean towards the Level 2 over the Level 3...unless you plan on throwing more power at it later.

Go ported. Tune low. Not to much port area. You will get way better bandwidth then sealed and it will play flatter. You really only see sealed for SQ if you are using more cone area.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.