Sundown vs American bass

Which is better

• Total voters

bullshit8421

So I've narrowed my selection of what i want down to a sundown sa-12, sundown x series 12, or an american bass XFL1244, or an american bass 12 D1. I will be running which ever one i get off an Alpine MRX-M110 at 2 ohms. Does any one have some experience with these or just an opinion that might help me decide which one is better. I do not compete i just like to have loud bass you can feel

Update: I also should probably add that i will be using a prefab 1.7cu. ft. box tuned to 33hz

Last edited by a moderator:
I've experience with all but the x the sa and xfl are pretty much the same with the xfl taking more power. The hd I've thrown 13k to 3 of them and did 154.7 on a burp all day long. Only real bad thing I've heard about the x was it didn't sound that good. But again I don't know personally

Sundown X,zv4,nsv3 are the smoothest sounding, less distortion woofers I've ever heard. It's all about the install... Because I've heard a few installs that svcked balls with X's and zv4s

I will be running which ever one i get off an Alpine MRX-M110 at 2 ohms.
The new X series along with the AB HD are 1500RMS (I don't know if I would spent 400 bucks on a sub and throw it on a low power amp in a prefab box).
I would do the XFL and save the money for future upgrades (aftermarket battery, maybe a custom box later down the road)

not another one of these threads //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

homer-simpson-depressed-hand-over-face-head-people_zpsttgr7jth.jpg

The new X series along with the AB HD are 1500RMS (I don't know if I would spent 400 bucks on a sub and throw it on a low power amp in a prefab box).
I would do the XFL and save the money for future upgrades (aftermarket battery, maybe a custom box later down the road)
I make a 2 hour drive weekly and like to play my music a full tilt the whole time can the XLF handle that because i blow the voice coil on a 12 in Type r at 500 watts from this.

Is it not better to under power sub as long as you're not distorting the amp instead of over powering the sub?

The MRX-M100 at 2 ohms produces 1100 Watts RMS per the certification.

No matter what 'they' say a prefab box is tuned at, you will be way, way better off with a custom built box, period. There are several here that can build you a proper box; cstang, and boomsday come immediately to mind. I just got one from boomsday and you would hard pressed to find better quality, impeccable attention to detail, and customer service. Check out my thread in the feedback section under transaction between macsdad and shauncox26, you will find pics of booms handywork.

I make a 2 hour drive weekly and like to play my music a full tilt the whole time can the XLF handle that because i blow the voice coil on a 12 in Type r at 500 watts from this.
There's people who run 1500 watts daily on an XFL and have no problem (its a stout subwoofer).
Clipping shouldn't be an issue if you set the gain/headunit right and keep an eye on your voltage via volt meter

You most likely clipped it without knowing. You cant hear clipping. Its just a silent killer/heat build up in the coils and you never get a slight clue. Plus the type R's coil is pretty ******* weak compared to the real subs out there. Just because its rated the same RMS doesnt mean its even close to the same league as XFLs or sundowns

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...