Subwoofer only playing bass inward

Participant count
  • Participant list

musicdawg

CarAudio.com Newbie
canada
I recently got a new 12 inch sub to replace my previous 10 inch and while I wired it the same as the 10 inch when I play any frequency it pulls air in as apposed to shoving it out like it should. I tried reversing the polarity by switching the wires. And I tried changing the phase on my head unit and amp nothing has changed.

I recently got a new 12 inch sub to replace my previous 10 inch and while I wired it the same as the 10 inch when I play any frequency it pulls air in as apposed to shoving it out like it should. I tried reversing the polarity by switching the wires. And I tried changing the phase on my head unit and amp nothing has changed.
Are you referring to the air in the port? It should oscillate in opposition to the cone. When the cone moves out, the port air moves inward.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

To do this magic, should the microphone always be kept in the driver's seat or on the dashboard?...since that is where it must go in phase with...
Hello, I already posted in general but wanted to also post in here. I recently installed a set of used JL audio shallow depth 12W 1v3-4 inside an...
Makes sense. You may be right on the gain; 2 subs on 300 watts seems anemic.
dragon.breath, Many thanks for taking the time to help me out. It is very much appreciated and my small brain can understand it now. I have...
LOL. Ya man. Its been busy. Im off today, but got stuff to do around the Casa.Be a Great sub man, and very nice amplifier. If you can swing a few...

About this thread

musicdawg

CarAudio.com Newbie
musicdawg
canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from