Sundown ultras are back and CHEAPER than SA series

were designs ever created for a 15 or 18 inch version?

the description is pretty specific about it being a 12

Our CAB (Car Audio Bargain) Ultra 12" was a design that we bought from Sundown Audio (Formally the SA-Ultra). This was designed and assembled in the USA. These will only be available in batches as we will only sell what we have built, as we get more built we will get them listed.

Probably. SAs were usually louder on drop in over VVXs, and Jacob tested Ultras as 1db louder than SAs. You might see 1.5-2 db gain. Ive owned vvx v1, every version of SA and Ultras. I think the Ultras were also the best sounding. Lots of motor force. The main thing I noticed about the Ultra was how authoritive they were below tuning over SAs; i think due to added motor force.

The CAB has a better coil than the SA ultra had. I feel confident in saying the cab ultra is the best 2.5" coil on the market. (So long as Cab didnt alter the design)

Ok serious question.
Would I notice much of a difference if I swapped out my Skar VVX - v1 for one of these subs?

I have a 2 cube box tuned to 34

I have 1,000+ watts
definitely. These subs should be one whole class above the standard lines of any sub out there.

If you're looking at ~1000 W to a sub these are going to be hard to beat for a daily driver. The SA Ultra (CAB now) is probably in the top 3 of my favorite drivers. Easy to power, loud, and sounds good (at least to me in the application I had it)

On another note the cabs were listed briefly last week with a price of 199.99. They weren't listed in stock though. 219.99 is still more than fair though for the best or one of the best 2.5 coil drivers to date.I wouldn't be surprised to see the price increase over the next few months as these catch on and demand increases.

At ~1000w many 2.5" drivers will begin becoming inefficient with added power input. Ive personally put 2k on an SA 12, was it +3db over 1k? No it was more like 1db as the sub could only do so much with the added input.

I had my ultra in 2.5cu, which is a good size box, and it laughed at a sax1200 at 1ohm. I think you will see even greater gains with this design at 1kw+ over existing 2.5" coils, SA and vvx included

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.