JL 12 TW3 on 600 rms?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello all,

I'm installing my equipment in to my new pickup and I wanted to get your opinion on whether or not I'm overpowering the sub.

Previous builds I've had were more about having a lot of bass and just making sure the mids/highs could keep up. However now I'm getting older and getting ready to have kids so I'm settling it down a bit this time around.

Anyway, this build is really designed around appearing as stock as possible. Truck is a 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab, I'm running the stock head unit with an Audison Bit Ten DSP, mids and highs are Hertz HSK 165 running off of a Soundstream RN4.1400D. For the subwoofer I am planning on using a JL Power Wedge setup with the 12 TW3 and I intended to run it on a Soundstream 1.2000D which would give me 600 watts rms at two ohms. The woofer is rated for 400 watts rms but in previous experiences ratings have just been numbers so I wanted to see if anybody has any experience with this woofer and what your opinion might be.

Thanks all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.