Sundown SAZ-1500 blowing the fuse

Understandable. I have all the wire and such that you need. I may be persuaded to come down early though haha.
If you want to swing by this way the guest room is still open if you need it.
haha awesome!

well looks like i may have found somebody local through that other thread, he's a sundown dealer and after speaking to him he seems to know what he's talking about, and is familiar with the big 3 etc. he did confirm that I would need the 2nd battery like the other posts said I would, and went as far as to ask what the voltage of the battery is and the type, I told him it was a kinetic and a small one not sure about the voltage but, he said that might be enough he's assuming it's a 600 or 800. we also discussed upgrading the alt when i told him it was a 110 he said after the wiring and 2nd battery etc. we might be fine but, we briefly discussed upgrading the alt because he suggested that i could get more power from the amp. he said if i wasn't into competitions etc. that i could be fine without it but, i told him i want to get the full potential so I'll probably look into getting that done as well. i'm supposed to meet him on monday, we'll see how it goes.

i'm going to return that 300 anl fuse and dist. block i bought yesterday because he told me prefers to have a sepearate 150 anl for the sundown and another fuse for the other amp (for the components) instead of one fuse fighting over the voltage or whatever. so i'm just going to go with his suggestion because that's what was suggested here as well to use two different ones but, then when i went to the other shop yest. they told me to use a dist. block and one fuse but, i'm sure that was because they didn't have what was necessary for the two different ones and all they had was the dist. block and the one 300 fuse so they told me to do it like that. so going to return all of that.

haha awesome!
well looks like i may have found somebody local through that other thread, he's a sundown dealer and after speaking to him he seems to know what he's talking about, and is familiar with the big 3 etc. he did confirm that I would need the 2nd battery like the other posts said I would, and went as far as to ask what the voltage of the battery is and the type, I told him it was a kinetic and a small one not sure about the voltage but, he said that might be enough he's assuming it's a 600 or 800. we also discussed upgrading the alt when i told him it was a 110 he said after the wiring and 2nd battery etc. we might be fine but, we briefly discussed upgrading the alt because he suggested that i could get more power from the amp. he said if i wasn't into competitions etc. that i could be fine without it but, i told him i want to get the full potential so I'll probably look into getting that done as well. i'm supposed to meet him on monday, we'll see how it goes.

i'm going to return that 300 anl fuse and dist. block i bought yesterday because he told me prefers to have a sepearate 150 anl for the sundown and another fuse for the other amp (for the components) instead of one fuse fighting over the voltage or whatever. so i'm just going to go with his suggestion because that's what was suggested here as well to use two different ones but, then when i went to the other shop yest. they told me to use a dist. block and one fuse but, i'm sure that was because they didn't have what was necessary for the two different ones and all they had was the dist. block and the one 300 fuse so they told me to do it like that. so going to return all of that.
Erm.... You really shouldn't need an HO alt, considering that Sundown amp is very efficient. Also, the only reason you would need a 150a fuse, is if you're using 4ga wire, which you really shouldn't be using with that Sundown amp. So a few things aren't matching up with this new guy you're dealing with, I'm not too sure he knows what he's doing.

Erm.... You really shouldn't need an HO alt, considering that Sundown amp is very efficient. Also, the only reason you would need a 150a fuse, is if you're using 4ga wire, which you really shouldn't be using with that Sundown amp. So a few things aren't matching up with this new guy you're dealing with, I'm not too sure he knows what he's doing.
Well I don't know what the **** to believe since apparently everybody has their own ******* opinion on how it should be setup. Go back and read the replies here everybody told me to do what I discussed with the new installer. About the alt it might not have been ho alt that he mentioned just an upgraded one i guess and I stated he said we could be fine without it.

haha awesome!

He is right about the seperate fusing. It will be 1/0ga with a 250A-300A fuse from your battery to the distro block, and then from the distro block you will have 1/0ga with a 250A-300A fuse to your sub amp, and 4ga with a 150A fuse to your component amp. So you will still need a distro block. Or you could run those 2 amp wires, the 1/0ga with fuse to your sub amp and the 4ga with fuse to your component amp, straight from your battery, depending on the connections you have on your battery terminal. You understand those layouts?

Either way, you need to seperately fuse for the smaller 4ga wire.

He is right about the seperate fusing. It will be 1/0ga with a 250A-300A fuse from your battery to the distro block, and then from the distro block you will have 1/0ga with a 250A-300A fuse to your sub amp, and 4ga with a 150A fuse to your component amp. So you will still need a distro block. Or you could run those 2 amp wires, the 1/0ga with fuse to your sub amp and the 4ga with fuse to your component amp, straight from your battery, depending on the connections you have on your battery terminal. You understand those layouts?
Either way, you need to seperately fuse for the smaller 4ga wire.
I don't understand it myself but, I will print it out and bring it to the installer. Though from speaking to him, I believe he's aware of the best way to do it. He has won competitions, he's done demo cars for Kicker and has his own demo car with a 30k watt system. So, I'm sure if he can do all that, I'm sure my system will be nothing for him. He's also done work for another member on this forum, that's how I got his referral.

I don't understand it myself but, I will print it out and bring it to the installer. Though from speaking to him, I believe he's aware of the best way to do it. He has won competitions, he's done demo cars for Kicker and has his own demo car with a 30k watt system. So, I'm sure if he can do all that, I'm sure my system will be nothing for him. He's also done work for another member on this forum, that's how I got his referral.
Sounds like you found a decent guy. If he's got a better way to do it, let me know that as well.

I'm not too sure he knows what he's doing.
Can you take a look at a few of his youtube videos of his work? Team Cayenne

Please get back to me and let me know if you still think he doesn't know what he's doing.

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Sounds like you found a decent guy. If he's got a better way to do it, let me know that as well.

Will do!

Can you take a look at a few of his youtube videos of his work? Team Cayenne
Please get back to me and let me know if you still think he doesn't know what he's doing.

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Will do!

IMO, any shop can make a decent website, you can't really tell from that. However, if they are installing that kind of power and haven't burned someone's car to the ground yet, they can't be too bad.

IMO, any shop can make a decent website, you can't really tell from that. However, if they are installing that kind of power and haven't burned someone's car to the ground yet, they can't be too bad.
lol i'm sure peoples cars aren't burning down or else i wouldn't have got the referral from another member here but, i know what you're saying and i only posted this just now after more talks with him and am confident in the way things are going. i'm also going to be demoing some of his customers cars, because he's recommending the Image Dyanmic's IDQ's he says he doesn't really like alpine at all (I have the alpine swr-tr10's through recommendations from this forum, cost me about $300 each but, wanted the best for shallow mount because i need the cargo space in the suv). So, I'm going to maybe decide on selling the 4 Alpine SWR-TR10 's and replacing them with IDQ's if I'm impressed with the sound. I will be able to hear it in his customers cars that have IDQ's installed so the decision will be up to me and if I'm impressed or not, not something he's trying to force on me to just try to to sell me something.

OP which shops have you gone too? There's not many educated ones around here, what all do you need help with man, I can help with just about anything. I'm in garland by firewheel mall
I don't really want to say which shops since I don't want to bash their businesses, the first one did do a good custom install of the subs, in the rear panel and floor board which I was happy with just the install itself, don't know how to connect the sundown etc. and the second one just didn't know anything about competition systems (like most) but, i didn't end up doing business with them and actually returned the items i had bought.

I'm not too far from you, was in that area today actually. I'm in Carrollton off 190. Well, I appreciate your offer, right now through another members recommendation here I have an appointment on Monday with an installer with experience in competition systems. If things for some reason don't go as planned, then I'll follow up with you but, will for sure keep you in mind for anything in the future.

I don't really want to say which shops since I don't want to bash their businesses, the first one did do a good custom install of the subs, in the rear panel and floor board which I was happy with just the install itself, don't know how to connect the sundown etc. and the second one just didn't know anything about competition systems (like most) but, i didn't end up doing business with them and actually returned the items i had bought.
I'm not too far from you, was in that area today actually. I'm in Carrollton off 190. Well, I appreciate your offer, right now through another members recommendation here I have an appointment on Monday with an installer with experience in competition systems. If things for some reason don't go as planned, then I'll follow up with you but, will for sure keep you in mind for anything in the future.
That's understandable

But yeah PM me and I'll give you my number so if you ever have any problems you can get a quick answer or help with what you need

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.