Sundown SAZ-1500 blowing the fuse

30DZ
10+ year member

I have a 2012 mazda cx9 suv it's on stock electrical system, no upgrades. I have 4 - alpine tr10's installed, and have it setup with the Sundown SAZ-1500 amp, and we have an 80amp fuse which the amp keeps blowing, and then amp shuts off. Then i have to keep replacing the fuse but, it keeps blowing it when I have the volume up loud. why is it doing this? do I need to get an amp with more watts or what? Is the amp just not stable at 1 ohm? Everybody talks so highly of sundown that's why I got this amp and am dissapointed it's doing this. I'm not sure if the SAZ-1500 has the same specs as the SAZ-1500v2. I'm not sure if I have the V2 or the first one, I bought it at sound solutions audio last year brand new. So far i've only found the specs of the V2 which are this:

Rated power output

----RMS power, 2 ohm linkable/dual mono

3000W x 1CH

----RMS power, 1 ohm mono

1500W x 1CH

----RMS power, 2 ohm mono 800W x 1CH

----RMS power, 4 ohm mono

400W x 1CH

The specs on my alpine tr-10's are this:

Power Handling

CEA-2031 Power Rating: 600W

Power Range: 300 - 600 Watts

RMS Power Handling: 600W

Peak Power Handling: 1800W

It doesn't seem like I need to upgrade electrical since battery light doesn't come on lights don't flicker etc. do I still need to upgrade it if so to what? When I went to the car audio store they didn't have a fuse more than 80 amp how many amp does it need to be? Will it be the same size?

I had a 2nd battery on my old system and sent it to my installers doing this install but they said it wasn't necessary then I asked them if the reason the fuse is blowing because we don't have the 2nd batt they said that's not the problem it's the amp because if it was a batt issue the lights would be flickering and things like that

not having a 2nd batt is not the reason for the fuse blowing. but your car / elec. is not designed to support the extra draw the audio pulls. the fuse keeps blowing because the amp is trying to draw more than 80 amps. if the amp calls for 150 amps and the fuse is an 80 amp fuse...... and id find a new installer-

First off, don't go back to that car audio shop unless its to tell them they have no clue what the fuck they are talking about

2nd find a better shop and get a bigger fuse, I'd say 150 if its just a daily. If there are no other shops around order online or buy one from someone here.

3rd get a 2nd battery, NOT A CAP!!! And do the Big 3

4th if your not using 0ga, replace it

The best thing you can do is stop trying to rely on this "installer" and start doing your own work. Use this site. Alot of people are very sharp with these things. Some are dumb fucks, but you'll catch on to whos who quick.

I'll have to find a new installer I don't have the time to learn it myself. I had a feeling I needed the 2nd batt because it was in my old car and I already have it and no it's not a CAP I know those are worthless. I tried to get them to install it twice but they wouldn't. So I'll try to find a new shop. I don't have the manual to the amp anymore so what do I do? Just get a 150 amp fuse and see what happens? Are they the same size as a 80 because if its not it won't fit in the fuse holder and in that case need to go to an installer anyway

I don't know what kind of wire it is I really don't know anything about this stuff but on the invoice they charged me for a 4g kit so maybe it's 4g?

I'll have to find a new installer I don't have the time to learn it myself. I had a feeling I needed the 2nd batt because it was in my old car and I already have it and no it's not a CAP I know those are worthless. I tried to get them to install it twice but they wouldn't. So I'll try to find a new shop. I don't have the manual to the amp anymore so what do I do? Just get a 150 amp fuse and see what happens? Are they the same size as a 80 because if its not it won't fit in the fuse holder and in that case need to go to an installer anyway
I don't know what kind of wire it is I really don't know anything about this stuff but on the invoice they charged me for a 4g kit so maybe it's 4g?
Yes its safe to assume they used 4G, for reference, the v.1 SAZ-1500D uses 4 40AMP fuses, I ran my lines with 250A fuses for that AMP. I also had 3 batteries, 1 in front and 2 in back. Now that is overkill, but you need a second one but nothing crazy, an optima yellow top should do the trick. Just make sure you have a fuse on each end between the first and second battery positive (think if the line is cut in the middle you want all power disconnected), and fuse second battery to amp positive line. If you like having your work done call around, I wouldn't trust that shop. Good luck man, keep us posted

Yes its safe to assume they used 4G, for reference, the v.1 SAZ-1500D uses 4 40AMP fuses, I ran my lines with 250A fuses for that AMP. I also had 3 batteries, 1 in front and 2 in back. Now that is overkill, but you need a second one but nothing crazy, an optima yellow top should do the trick. Just make sure you have a fuse between the first and second battery positive, and second battery to amp positive line. If you like having your work done call around, I wouldn't trust that shop. Good luck man, keep us posted

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

**** double post sorry, phone lag //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Thanks for the info. I'll make a note of that and call around and see if I can get somebody to make those updates. So when you say 40amp x 4 that means I don't want 1 - 150amp fuse, I want 4 - 40amp fuses, is that right? So they will need to upgrade the fuse holder to be able to support that many? Since right now it only holds 2 fues but, one for is the other small amp for the door/component speakers.

Yes its safe to assume they used 4G, for reference, the v.1 SAZ-1500D uses 4 40AMP fuses, I ran my lines with 250A fuses for that AMP. I also had 3 batteries, 1 in front and 2 in back. Now that is overkill, but you need a second one but nothing crazy, an optima yellow top should do the trick. Just make sure you have a fuse on each end between the first and second battery positive (think if the line is cut in the middle you want all power disconnected), and fuse second battery to amp positive line. If you like having your work done call around, I wouldn't trust that shop. Good luck man, keep us posted

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.