Sundown sa10 or DB machete fight MF-12R

Participant count
  • Participant list

idan167

CarAudio.com Recruit
Hey,
Wondering if I should replace my sundown sa 10 inch 750 rms sub with DB 12 inch 1200 rms sub..
I know deaf bonce are good but from the looks of it they look kinda cheap and small with their motor, i mean the sundown is just a monster of a sub with it size, so wondering if the DB is really 1200 rms.
If the db will be good i might buy another one so i will have 2, but I just wanna know if its better than the sundown before i actually buy..

What is it about the Sundown that’s lacking for you? Is it not hitting lows? Not giving the punchy bass? Just plain not loud enough all the way around?
Definitely a good sub, just not loud enough for me, maybe i have it too long now so it feels not loud enough, while others saying its too loud 😅

Hey,
Wondering if I should replace my sundown sa 10 inch 750 rms sub with DB 12 inch 1200 rms sub..
I know deaf bonce are good but from the looks of it they look kinda cheap and small with their motor, i mean the sundown is just a monster of a sub with it size, so wondering if the DB is really 1200 rms.
If the db will be good i might buy another one so i will have 2, but I just wanna know if its better than the sundown before i actually buy..
Not to let politics get in the way, but Deaf Bonce is owned by a Russian corporation and I don’t feel like contributing to the Russian Federations bottom line while they slaughter Ukrainians.

In order to realize a doubling of the sound pressure levels (twice the percieved voume level that is) you need to have a driver that is around 9db more efficient, not going to happen for anything close to reasonable (if at all). Additionally, a higher wattage sub means nothing other than it can handle additional wattage. Do you have spare wattage that you are currently unable to use due to the limitations of your current driver?

I like the NVX in this price range when buying new (it's on a par with your current sub), in dual 2 or dual 4 ohm VC’s. Definitely a step up from what I think you are using currently.

https://nvx.com/collections/vc-seri...200w-rms-12-vc-series-v3-dual-2-ohm-subwoofer

What is the size of your box?

Last edited:
Then you shouldn't buy anything made in China either...
Not exactly the same, not even close, apples and oranges. Just my opinion and you know what they say, opinions are like a$$holes, everyone’s got one! If or when China initiates an unprovoked war against Taiwan, I'll make the same effort to avoid their stuff too. I let my purchaing power do my talking.

Last edited:
2 12's (almost any 12's) will be a good bit louder just doing that...and then you'd about tripling power output...so you'd be a lot louder...

Not to let politics get in the way, but Deaf Bonce is owned by a Russian corporation and I don’t feel like contributing to the Russian Federations bottom line while they slaughter Ukrainians.

In order to realize a doubling of the sound pressure levels (twice the percieved voume level that is) you need to have a driver that is around 9db more efficient, not going to happen for anything close to reasonable (if at all). Additionally, a higher wattage sub means nothing other than it can handle additional wattage. Do you have spare wattage that you are currently unable to use due to the limitations of your current driver?

I like the NVX in this price range when buying new (it's on a par with your current sub), in dual 2 or dual 4 ohm VC’s. Definitely a step up from what I think you are using currently.

https://nvx.com/collections/vc-seri...200w-rms-12-vc-series-v3-dual-2-ohm-subwoofer

What is the size of your box?
Well, i dont really understand how it works.. i just looked at the watts.. how can i know then which sub is louder without even listening? I got a custom sub for my sundown, dont remember the size.

2 12's (almost any 12's) will be a good bit louder just doing that...and then you'd about tripling power output...so you'd be a lot louder...
And if i compare 1 on 1 with these specific subs? Will i get a big difference?

Last edited:
And if i compare 1 on 1 with these specific subs? Will i get a big difference?
A 12 on same power will be noticeably louder than a 10...the same size sub on 1200w will be noticeably louder then on 750w...

But that's in a good box...put the 12 in a sh!t box and the 10 in something built to spec...then the 10 might very well out perform the 12...

Last edited:
When you double the number of subs, all things considered equal, you split the power but double the air moved at a given wattage, up to the point where you run out of power. I've always liked the extra oomph two subs give you. Would need to know more than just wanting to change subs (which unless you are really changin it up, probably makes little difference). What's the amplifaction is, what the box is or will be, $$ you want to invest, etc. As for the size, in this instance, size does matter!

Last edited:
Well, i dont really understand how it works.. i just looked at the watts.. how can i know then which sub is louder without even listening? I got a custom sub for my sundown, dont remember the size.
Watts just mean capability. Two very similar woofers with relatively the same efficiency will be similar up to their rated wattage. That said, if one can take 1000 and the other 500 and you have the 1000 watts, then wattage will make a significant difference. Going from a 10" to a 12" is a significant improvement (in most instances) even if everything else is the same (i.e. wattage, efficiency) as you are moving more air with the same power used (roughly speaking)

Last edited:
I understand now, so with that been said, the DB sub i posted is a good investment to replace the sundown with? If i talk about reliability and built quality.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...