dc vs ap

Participant count
  • Participant list

prizm01

CarAudio.com Recruit
maine
i have audiopipe txx bdc4 15s currently installed but got a little to rowdy and blew one up giving a demo, i also have a set of dc audio level 3 15s that also have one blown sub due to it unloaded when 5 of the screws broke off, im really debating on which subs would be better to rebuild. they are going in a ported wall enclosure at about 7.5 cubes per side only putting 1500 watts a peice to them for short periods of time during demos. any input would be greatly appreciated

i have audiopipe txx bdc4 15s currently installed but got a little to rowdy and blew one up giving a demo, i also have a set of dc audio level 3 15s that also have one blown sub due to it unloaded when 5 of the screws broke off, im really debating on which subs would be better to rebuild. they are going in a ported wall enclosure at about 7.5 cubes per side only putting 1500 watts a peice to them for short periods of time during demos. any input would be greatly appreciated
I'd rebuild the DC audio...I think they make a better sub than audiopipe...

Agreed rebuild the DC Audio subwoofers or send them into @djdilliodon! and have him build you a custom set. And he isn't far from you as he is up in that area iirc. He can build them with all sorts of goodies and upgrade the RMS rating they will take as well. Which is what I would do send them to him. He does custom work for SPL people all the time.

Agreed rebuild the DC Audio subwoofers or send them into @djdilliodon! and have him build you a custom set. And he isn't far from you as he is up in that area iirc. He can build them with all sorts of goodies and upgrade the RMS rating they will take as well. Which is what I would do send them to him. He does custom work for SPL people all the time.
I’m in NY and the wait line is pretty long still. Things will slow down in another month or two, at least I hope 🙏🏼

I had DC lvl 3s and didn't care for them. Baby motors and didn't like much power for a 3" aluminum coil.

The Audiopipes are rated 1400rms with a 3.3" coil over the 900/1000(M1/M2 vs M3) rms and 3" coil on the DC.

Is this a joke?
theyre pretty close in performance,
im in maine and shipping subs to himwould cost almost as much as a new sub, ide rather get the parts to put it together myself. its strictly a demo vehicle, i dont care much for spl competitions but i do like putting a smile on peoples face when they get in and realise this tiny car has insane wind. getting very mixed input from this forum and honestly was leaning towards the audiopipes cause they lasted longer, the dcs seemed a teeeny tiny bit windier but got pretty damn warm after just one 3-4 minute song. im almost debating rebuilding both on stock parts and hauling them down to my next show down state and trying to sell all 4. im not a rich dude by any means and seeing the price of new subs scares the **** out of me haha

I had DC lvl 3s and didn't care for them. Baby motors and didn't like much power for a 3" aluminum coil.

The Audiopipes are rated 1400rms with a 3.3" coil over the 900/1000(M1/M2 vs M3) rms and 3" coil on the DC.
yeah the audiopipes lasted longer, probably for that reason, i dont think they had as much xmax but im not 100 percent sure

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

prizm01

CarAudio.com Recruit
prizm01
maine
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views