sundown audio spl help

The newest Nightshade is beast, and looks sick with the new softparts.

Their older stuff is also nice, but if you're really abusive the extra excursion from the new surround and frame will help.

The newest Nightshade is beast, and looks sick with the new softparts.
Their older stuff is also nice, but if you're really abusive the extra excursion from the new surround and frame will help.
Their new "hybrid" spiders are real nice. But yea, on that kind of budget the NS series is bad ***. Just make sure you have a very beefy electrical. They're rated at 2500W RMS, but could easily handle 3.5K

I like sundown don't get me wrong. But tantric subs kill anything sundown has.
I talk to Murphy all the time and respect their products -- but no; and I highly doubt he would even make that claim... Our subs are very different designs with different areas of excellence. I wouldn't say either line "kills" the other line.

Hey guys I need help deciding which sundown to get, The Z V.3 or the Z V.4. Also I haven't seen much on the NS V3s are they as good as the subwoofers I mentioned earlier. I'm also open to hearing about other sub's.
What type of build are you after ?

To me it sounds like a 4th order build similar to Jared Gibson or Scott Bowman would be appropriate; they have a wide bandwidth and also a strong SPL peak. The new platform drivers such as the X, Z v.4, and NS v.3 excel in 4th order designs -- and they are also very low distortion drivers.

Since you are in NC then you may even be able to have Jared or Scott do the build for you if you don't plan to DIY.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.