Sundown Audio Amplifiers

I just read the 15 page Jordy-O test thread on CCA, what a joke the first 10 pages were. Funny how all the people doubting the sundowns magically stopped appearing in the thread after the tests were done. What a bunch of ********. Not a fanboi, just wanted to point out the lack of nuggets of the flamers who wouldn't come back and comment after the test showed the sundowns do what they claim and more.
Gotta keep a person's character in mind when you read their posts about a product.
the posts stopped appearing because we were all "magically" banned from cca for having our own opinion. Thats a whole nothing story though.

I also find it quite funny how the western canadian tests were easily discredited while they were done by the most qualified competitors in canada RIprock, Riprock2 and Ray Choy(no offense to JordyO). Its automatically assumed that their math was wrong or the results were doctored but never mentioned that maybe it was a bad batch of amps. Or is that not a possibility with sundown products?

Nope... but they are a bit mad that I won't send them amps to test personally. Maybe they need to read that rawdogj thread I posted before thinking I don't have any reason not to trust people, much less people who openly hate on my products any chance they get that are also in another country...
Apparently 100s of satisfied customers and every other test ever done are all wrong //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
need I remind you when the sundown bandwagon first started rolling that you offered amps to anyone to test who didnt believe the results. I dont really see what me living in another country has to do with any of that...other than shipping will cost a couple bucks more.

the posts stopped appearing because we were all "magically" banned from cca for having our own opinion. Thats a whole nothing story though.
I also find it quite funny how the western canadian tests were easily discredited while they were done by the most qualified competitors in canada RIprock, Riprock2 and Ray Choy(no offense to JordyO). Its automatically assumed that their math was wrong or the results were doctored but never mentioned that maybe it was a bad batch of amps. Or is that not a possibility with sundown products?

need I remind you when the sundown bandwagon first started rolling that you offered amps to anyone to test who didnt believe the results. I dont really see what me living in another country has to do with any of that...other than shipping will cost a couple bucks more.
Its a tad harder to get amps back legally if somebody in another country decides to keep them. Guessin that had something to do with it.

Dustin I have 2 1500d's and will be on the mainland at xmas. Busy time of the year don't know if we could meet up and you run some tests on them. I probably won't have time, maybe next time your on the island for a comp.

Dustin I have 2 1500d's and will be on the mainland at xmas. Busy time of the year don't know if we could meet up and you run some tests on them. I probably won't have time, maybe next time your on the island for a comp.
nice...you're buddies with scott with the black 2 dr blazer right?

im doing a head to head test shortly with memphis mojo 4kw, ab 500.1, atomic 7000.1, stetsom 7kd 12volt, orion 2500d, and hopefully a hifonics sampson. Would be interesting to see how they stack up against the big boys.

1) Being that your Canadian I'm sure you know that in order to press charges if you decide to keep the amps I have to come to Canada to do so. Not taking that risk on someone like you that goes out of their way to talk crap on any chance you get, sorry. I sent them to Jordy, a trusted forum member, and his results verified all the USA results -- but apparently thats not good enough.

2) If the amps were bad they simply wouldn't work. Never had I seen an amp come back to me with "low power output" due to a defect. If that was a problem you would certainly have heard about it online as a significant percentage of Sundown owners are online. I also test quite a few amps from each batch so that would have been found.

3) If the amps ****** that bad... someone from the USA would come to back you up, don't you think? Instead there are several pages of people that love their amps and have great experience with them. I wonder why that is?

Wagonized,

Tell you what... I'm working on getting my truck re-built. I'm going to compete with it this year... if I run into you at a show you can clamp the amps in it with your own meters. I still have alot of work to do on it as I'm re-doing most everything in there except the outer shell of the box -- whats the farthest into the USA you come for shows?

I'll have to research dB Drag in particular since I've only done nSPL in the past -- so I know what class I'm in, but I'll see if I can do a few shows in dB Drag too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have a 1500d, driving an AA havoc 18 in a sealed box, and it is amazing. I can beat on it all day, and never get more than lukewarm to the touch. I am also in process of getting 2 100.2's to run dual mono to my mids and highs. Jacob is an outstanding owner, anytime I want to get a hold of him, I just shoot him a pm, and he responds. How many company owners do you know that do this? Call me a fanboi if you like, but I have no problem recommending Sundown to anybody, and will put them up against ANY amp in it's class. BTW, I'm 36, and have been into car audio since the mid 90's when it was all RF, and Alpine.

3) If the amps ****** that bad... someone from the USA would come to back you up, don't you think? Instead there are several pages of people that love their amps and have great experience with them. I wonder why that is?
ill back him up, your amps **** so much that in the middle of a hot summer day at the atlanta drag strip, my two 1500D's shut off //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

why cant your product be good enough to run below its rated minimum impedance, for extended amounts of time (like 4 hours), at full tilt, in 100+ degree weather?!?!?! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

granted they worked great every other time, and that was the only time they ever shut off, and they did a crap ton of power, and all that good stuff... i still say they **** jake!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.