Sundown audio 15s

Participant count
  • Participant list

rada194

I have been wanting to upgrade my 2 12 inch subs to something that will make my windows flex. Without going overboard on money. I'm talking under 500$ for 2 15 inch subwoofers and either a ported or sealed box? Any ideas I have seen people say that sundown audio is very good. What else is good and relatively cheap? I already have an amp that can put out 650 watts rms at 2ohms. I think that would be enough to power some 15s depending on their rms ratings of course. So let me know what you guys think! ?

You're not gonna do much window flexing with 650 watts. But, Sundown E-15s fit that budget and amplifier well. Also, if you're looking for flex, forget about sealed boxes. Ported, 4th or 6th order or transmission lines are the way to go.

What kind of twelves are u upgrading from. A larger amp may be a better choice. How much room are u working with a decent ported box for two 15's can be quite large. 2 15's sealed would be easier to fit but won't gain much over two 12's ported.

I have a 1994 grand marquis. The trunk is huge. The 12s I have now are some 1200 watt Max pioneers. The amp I have is a lanzar heritage htg257 2000 watt max.

Are the 12's ported if not try a ported box and find a decent amp used on here in the 600-1000 rms range. Max wattage is bogus. So is the lanzar amps. Except lanzar opti amps. I would try that first a buddy of mine has 2 12 pioneers that get pretty loud for what they r. This would also net u a better amp should u not be satisfied with the 12's output and possibly save money.

Are the 12's ported if not try a ported box and find a decent amp used on here in the 600-1000 rms range. Max wattage is bogus. So is the lanzar amps. Except lanzar opti amps. I would try that first a buddy of mine has 2 12 pioneers that get pretty loud for what they r. This would also net u a better amp should u not be satisfied with the 12's output and possibly save money.
No the 12s are in a sealed box. And ok I will look around in the classifieds. But I would still like to get some 15s.

It's just a suggestion. The 15s will net more output but ur amp doesn't put out a whole lot of power. I had a htg 157 and I believe it had one 40 amp fuse. I good idea of output for a amp is to take the fuse rating and multiply it by 10. So even though mine was rated at 1500 max I was likely only seeing 400~ rms. So in my opinion a better amp and a custom ported box would be better than just switching to 15's. Plus all of sundowns products are conservatively rated and would likely laugh at that kind of power. Thus u wouldn't see the 15's full potential.

No the 12s are in a sealed box. And ok I will look around in the classifieds. But I would still like to get some 15s.
to be honest, to reach your goals of having car flex, i'd definitely sell everything and start from scratch. Then put out a budget so we know what to work with. Your 94 grand marquis trunk would realistically have enough airspace for one 15 and maybe an 18, but not two 15s. Your not going to get any flex if your box is too small for your sub woofer. Are you going to build your own box or are you buying random boxes?

to be honest, to reach your goals of having car flex, i'd definitely sell everything and start from scratch. Then put out a budget so we know what to work with. Your 94 grand marquis trunk would realistically have enough airspace for one 15 and maybe an 18, but not two 15s. Your not going to get any flex if your box is too small for your sub woofer. Are you going to build your own box or are you buying random boxes?
I would like to build my own box. I'm thinking now with what everyone has been saying to build a custom ported box for my current 12s and then get a bigger amp. And see how I like it. If I want more I could upgrade to some sundown 12s and I would still have a nice custom box to put them in. Any ideas on how to get measurements on a custom box like what I'm talking about. Like an online calculator.

I would like to build my own box. I'm thinking now with what everyone has been saying to build a custom ported box for my current 12s and then get a bigger amp. And see how I like it. If I want more I could upgrade to some sundown 12s and I would still have a nice custom box to put them in. Any ideas on how to get measurements on a custom box like what I'm talking about. Like an online calculator.
a basic general program is winisd its free for download LinearTeam

Here's a basic tutorial.

the thing is, each sub behaves differently in each box, what might sound good for your pioneers might not necessarily be good with a sundown.

Buck on here can design u one. As well as pro-rabbit. There are also several box design software's out. I build my own boxes It is more gratifying and if done correctly the output can't be matched by any pre-fab box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.