Sugest me some RCA cables

Jeff06
10+ year member

well i dont know, im new to car audio, and i forgot to buy RCA cables to hook my head unit to my amp. So0o0o heres a pic of my head unit thingy and my amps thing, the amp is a viper 1200.1, so its a one chanel, but i dont know whats going on with the channel things... the left red and while plugs are inputs, and i know thats where i run the RCA cable from my amp to my deck, but on the right is says I/O.... what the hell is that?!?! It also has a switch that says slave/master... AHHhh what the hell is that!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif **** someone help my ass, im confused! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

mvc032s4mh.jpg

mvc034s3ua.jpg

mvc033s3hl.jpg

the cheapest u can find.

u run the rcas into the "input" plugs on ur amp. the "i/o" or "output" plugs or for stringing multiple amps together, such as if u ever want to get another amp like that u can just wire an rca from the "i/o" on ur current amp to the "input" on the new amp.

the slave/master setting is also for this purpose. for multiple amp setups, all the amps that are in the rca signal chain that are set to "slave" take on the settings of the one amp that u designate as "master".

Spend enough to get a quality set of interconnects, but don't go overboard.

Personally, I spent around 40 bucks for interconnects for my two amp system...I can live with that.

I'd say the 2nd cheapest you can find. I had a pair just fall apart on me, they were the low brand Stinger rcas.
dido for me man gosh darn stingers. They were real cheap though.

btw:whats that in your avatar? sub go boom like so

I assume that the rca's with the green wires that hang down are the subwoofer output rca cables and the the other two outputs are front and rear. This way you can have seperate control over the sub and front/rear with you fader. If you plan on using an amp for other speakers you can run two pair of rca's or even three. Depends on what you are looking to do. I'd go to Car Toys and get the low end streetwires of somethings like that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.