Subzero's X3 10K cavalier rebuild..

not bad beezys hangin out. is that the SMD woofer? looks stupid crazy next to your Fi. any numbers?
those are my homies subs. SMD and the Fi are one offs 4 inch coils 4k rms. bad mofo's. no numbers yet. I still have alot work to do before I get numbers...

here is a current pic of the box to give you an idea of how it will look final:

P5200009.jpg

P5190008.jpg

P5190007.jpg

P5190006.jpg

P5190005.jpg

P5190004.jpg

P5190003.jpg

P5190002.jpg

How much have you spend on wood in the last few weeks?
haha, I bought two sheets 4 weeks ago. I just manipulated the last box. I still have to sand, paint and resin. and add either eggfoam or insulation.

ok, So,

Since there has been alot, a ton, a FUCK load of bull shit going on in the car audio world, I had to make an appointment with an IASCA judge Mike Jaffe, to have him meet me at my good friend Joe, Stereo Joe, car audio shop. We metered a 148.6 at 47hz. I am happy BUT.... there seem to be a problem with one of my amps, I accidently bumped the master/slave switch, now it has to be tweekd into a fixed position. I am not sure, but I think it was sending to much power to one of my subs. because I notice it was launching more than the other. Also seem I may have to go with one sub and a way smaller port to help create more back pressure. It already had 4 spiders, 2x2 , glued in pairs. With this much power, they may need way more stiffness.

So I plan to send the amp in for repair, and do some R/A with Soundstream regarding the spider and the extra stiffness.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

subzero

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
subzero
Chandler, AZ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date