Subzero's X3 10K cavalier rebuild..

the audio is removable so why not. besides, the car is paid for. and I would rather abuse this than abuse a nice car. I will most likely go sq in my nice car.

I usually reply with who would expect a lot of expensive gear in a cavalier. It's a sleeper car lol
What year is yours op? If it has the ecotec I want pics of you getting 2 alts on it!
trust me, if I can mangae that I sure will post pics. for now, that is going to be the hardest task.

the audio is removable so why not. besides, the car is paid for. and I would rather abuse this than abuse a nice car. I will most likely go sq in my nice car.
True.

I'm also looking forward to see how yoi get the alts in there lol

True. I'm also looking forward to see how yoi get the alts in there lol
well, I am thinking of mounting the second one under the direct mount one. I spent some time down there checking it out and seen some room. If I can get that to work, I will put a skidplate under there to keep the alt safe.

Mines as sq car because its a cheap paid off car. Frees up money for the build and other important things in life

P3020033.jpg

P3020032.jpg

P3020030.jpg

P3020029.jpg

we are planning and mapping out the mounting point. It will take a week to fabricate.

LOOKIN GOOOOD HOMIE!!! Tell ya boy tah hook me up with 4 of the soundstream 18s and i"ll put the snuggy back on and take the rear window back out!!! It's bout to rattle out again cuz of the hcca beatn on it.

those amps look sooooooooooooooo sexy, I loved my old 6500's
hows the new one, dual power inputs and top mounted set screw FTW
YES! they are supper sexy. I think alll this ish is sexy. Them moofers got huge sexy ass. Heavy fuckers

The two X3.71 amps are going to stand up like so, and my 4 channel TRX4.880 is going to be on top at an angle

There are going to be 2 battery racks, one in each corner of the trunk to hold two batteries each.

The cargo trunk tunnel into the cab was modified to allow the box to slide forward into the cab in case I need to change the tire and all the racks will be removable.

I am going to apply resin and fiber glass strips inside the box to add a little more structural integrity.

When all the welding is complete, I am going to finish applying the rest of the deadener.

I am still waiting on the direct bolt on alternator and the external regulator.

It will be set at 15.2 volts

I need to plan out the other alternator install because we are going to have to remove the front end clip to take measurements and build the bracket for the other alternator.

Then I will have to measure and order a new belt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

subzero

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
subzero
Chandler, AZ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date