Subwoofers are shutting off even at low base and volume output, please help.

I just got 2 1400W pioneer subs and a 2500W amp installed in my car. The subs are 4ohms and they wired it to make it 1ohm to get maximum power output. Well, 15 minutes down the road, at the level they tuned the system at(base and subwoofer levels(-6)) it shut off when i changed the song. i stop take the key out restart the system and it works again. The amp was pretty hot. The next day the same thing happened but a lot sooner this time maybe 4 minutes into my drive. I got out and the amp was still running(light was still on). Took the key out put it back in and it worked fine. The amp this time wasn't that hot. What do you think it could be? Maybe they shoulda made it 2 ohms instead of 1 because i know the more ohm the less stress it is on the system. PLEASE HELP thanks a lot

Turn your gain down, your amp is overheating & going into protect... Also turn OFF any bass boost if your amp has it, and google up on how to set sub amp gain properly

yeah i found the gain and turned it down to right around less than 1/4. thanks

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

exactly, he said i wanna give you the most power possible and wired into to 1ohm. Should i call and tell him to wire it to 2ohm instead. That'll help the stress on the electrical system and the overheating issue correct?

You have to take them out of the box. If there are 2+ and 2- connections it is a dvc. 1+ and 1- then it is a svc sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.