Subwoofers and passenger side window

Rapidfalcon16

Tucson
Hey everbody im new here and had a question about my speaker system, I have 4 W12GTi MkII's and whenever i roll down my passenger side window they become twice as loud.

They do not get louder if i roll down my drivers side window or open both doors, only if i roll down that specific window will they get any louder. Does anybody know why this could be happening?

Car: 1990 Chevy Silverado c1500 Extended Cab

Audio:

4 GTO-1001EZ one each to the subs i mentioned above

Clarion VZ401 Dash Unit

Let me know if you guys need more information on anything other than that

I've hear a lot of ppl saying very similar things when talk about truck systems... It's got to do with limited airspace & acoustics inside of the cabin...

Stole this from another forum FYI, not sure if its true or not, seems to make sense to me -

"Some theories several yrs ago i was reading said that it has to do with a ratio of sub displacement to cabin volume displacement.

It said that if the volume of the air displaced in the cabin was less than the sub displacement, then venting out the car would get louder.

However, if air displaced in the cabin is greater than sub displacement, venting out the car would actually hurt your metered score.

This would require a LOT of pressure and\or in a small cabin volume. "

Pretty much it depends on setup, cabin volume, and a lot of other factors.

in my dodge intrepid if you rolled down the passenger side window or the doors, the bass would get noticably louder.

Hey everbody im new here and had a question about my speaker system, I have 4 W12GTi MkII's and whenever i roll down my passenger side window they become twice as loud.
They do not get louder if i roll down my drivers side window or open both doors, only if i roll down that specific window will they get any louder. Does anybody know why this could be happening?

Car: 1990 Chevy Silverado c1500 Extended Cab

Audio:

4 GTO-1001EZ one each to the subs i mentioned above

Clarion VZ401 Dash Unit

Let me know if you guys need more information on anything other than that
depending on which seat you are sitting in, if you roll down the window/open the door then it will get louder on the side you are sitting on. thats works in pretty much all vehicles. well probly 85% of them. i had a mitz galant and box was firing forward with 2 aeroports and if i opened all doors and raised the trunk lid that gave me my loudest scores on the meter. now that was always odd to me....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.