Subwoofer wire

Participant count
  • Participant list
I know someone somewhere has covered this but I cannot find it so I figured I would ask. I recently purchased a Sundown SA-15 D2 which will be ran at 800 watts at a 1ohm load. I currently have enough 8 gauge wire and enough 16 gauge wire to run from the sub to the amp but as every where I look I see people ranting about the SA series having small terminals I am wondering if the 8 gauge will fit. My question is this: Will the 8 gauge, or should I use the 16 gauge or buy some 12 gauge?

How many amps will your amplifier be supplying to the sub?? ( YES, I do mean amps, not watts) 12ga is good for carrying up to 20 amps pretty much continuous,10ga 30 amps,8ga 40 amps .....

I generally do not use anything smaller than 12ga for subs ... SO, prob buy some 12 or 10ga copper wire ...

Just buy some good COPPER true to gauge size wire. who cares what the name brand is after that??

Back in the early 90's nobody cared about what someone on an internet forum was going to think about what they bought. Heck, they didn't even exist back then. All we cared about was what would work the best for my set up, so I could beat you the next weekend at the sound off ....

I guess I am in an industry where I look elsewhere for my wire and cable. As I can get any size I need in 100% copper fine strand, with almost any jacket you would want. And none of it is a name brand that most people would ever had heard of, if they are not around the electrical control industry.That is where I was coming from. All that cca crap they are trying to pass off in the car audio world is a shame .....that **** will burn your car to the ground for you ....

Or another way to say all that would be, it does not have to be a cool hip name brand, as long as you know what you are looking for, and it is good quality wire that will meet or surpass your needs .....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.