Subwoofer Setup for 1986 Caprice

Participant count
  • Participant list

antste384
10+ year member

I just recently bought a Caprice to fix up. While i am currently getting the mechanicals took care of i need know what some people think about the stereo system i am planning on running. I was thinking about running 3-15's with 3 amps but people are telling me that i will never get the right frequency and i will never get the right sound as if i had 4 speakers. Is this a myth or fact? I am also considering running 6-12's with the 3 amps, but im just not really sure. lets here your opinions.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

This is pretty much a myth......you can run as many amps/subs as you want.....

the more subs = the more cone area.....which "usually" means louder

Are you fixing this up for show?

Have you ever thought about doing one bigger mono amp and just a couple nice subs in a ported box?

Also, I have dealt with old schools and make sure that you just go ahead and take the rear deck speakers out and just leave that open. You will be alot happier in the long run......and sound deaden the hell out of it man because it is gonna rattle

let us know....their are a ton of answers out there to get the sound you want.

Curtis

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.