Subwoofer Problem! Help!

Ok well i just got my new boss ph 2.800 1600 watt max amp and i hooked my dvc 4 ohm subs up that are wired at 2 ohms and it keeps putting my amp into protection mode. So i took a voltmeter and tested my subs. One of them reads about 2 ohms (1.8) and the other reads (0.2) so i took all the wiring off of the one that reads 0.2 and used the voltmeter and each voice coil reads about 4 ohms (3.8) so that should mean my sub isn't blown up but i rewired and retested for 2 ohms 4 times and still get the same results (0.2). I cannot figure out what the problem is. My amp will work with a 2 ohm load also. Anyone know what the problem could be?

Can i get a decent answer. I'm sorry i can't afford to drop a grand on a sound system. If you can't help don't comment.
two coils cant test 4 ohms each and then test .2 when in parallel. the fcking laws of physics does not allow that. it means there's a short somewhere.

toss the sub and get a new one if you must have BOSS equipment. its cheap anyway

Can i get a decent answer. I'm sorry i can't afford to drop a grand on a sound system. If you can't help don't comment.
A decent sound system doesn't cost an arm and a leg. If you look around, you can find decent deals on BETTER subs and amps.

My amp is a boss ph 2.800. It puts out 800 watts per channel wired for a sub wired at 2 ohms. The subs are 600 rms 1100 max so therefore my amp shouldnt have blow up my subs. And now my second sub is doing the same thing.

My amp is a boss ph 2.800. It puts out 800 watts per channel wired for a sub wired at 2 ohms. The subs are 600 rms 1100 max so therefore my amp shouldnt have blow up my subs. And now my second sub is doing the same thing.
You've probably got the subs wired wrong. If they're dual 4 ohm you're either going to end up with a 1 ohm load or a 4 ohm load. Here's a link that will show you how to wire them: Rockford Fosgate® - Woofer WiringWizard What kind of subs are these? You're probably going to be better off wiring them to 4 ohm and running them bridged at the amp. Or wire each to 2 ohm and into each channel of the amp.

Take pictures of what you are trying to do.

BTW you amp is going into protect more then likely do to being ran at 1 ohm. It needs to be ran at 4 ohms bridged to operate correctly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.