Subwoofer Problem! Help!

Trust me ive rewired them 4 time. + to + - to- + to + voltmeter side, - to - voltmeter side.
Like it's been said it's not possible to have the coils on a sub test fine separately then have them read like that when connected. You do have the subs disconnected from the amp while testing right?

Being dual 4 subs in parallel would be 2 ohms per channel, which your amp probably will support. It can support it for sure if it can be bridged. And your amp could've smoked a sub if you pushed it hard enough into clipping.

Something is shorted. Could be how you attach wires to the terminals, could be the wires themselves. Think it through and you'll figure it out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Yes, I have a difference, but my difference is HUGE. The difference can be so big, as if I had a sound system in about 150-200 dolars (with wires...
Pick it off the floor while playing. If rattle goes away then it is fine. If not, bad sub.
Storage is actually pretty big ( but not big enough for an enclosure that's mounted on the door because it closes in an angle believe it or not...
Google and Ebay are your friends. Froma quick search and providing these are like new, $2- $400 for the subs and $2- $400 for the amplifiers...
dragon.breath, Many thanks for taking the time to help me out. It is very much appreciated and my small brain can understand it now. I have...

About this thread

fanzyboy234

fanzyboy234
Butler Pennsylvania
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
fanzyboy234