Subwoofer Playing Quietly Problem

i'm going to go out on a limb here and point out the obvious that nobody has noticed. location, temp and the fact that they sound weak or faint.

your location is boston, MA so how cold was it when this happened? soft parts on a sub stiffen up when it gets cold, and in my experience a sub with less xmax will be effected at higher temps than one with more xmax but it will also regain it's abilities quicker than the sub with more excursion capabilities. it's been below zero for 4 straight days in my area. every time i start up in the morning my subs are stiff and need a good ten minute warm up at half volume otherwise if i push them to full tilt they sound faint/weak.

several years back i had some insanely loud subs so for the winter i would pull them and install old school kicker impulse subs. they were effected by anything below 20 degrees but would warm up with only 2-4 minutes play time. my current diamond D6's don't feel it until it's below 10 degrees and require the longer warm up.

while everyone else in the thread is on point giving you better equipment suggestions and teaching you the real expectations of your "1000 watt" amp, i believe your issue is more likely what i'm saying.

i'm going to go out on a limb here and point out the obvious that nobody has noticed. location, temp and the fact that they sound weak or faint.
your location is boston, MA so how cold was it when this happened? soft parts on a sub stiffen up when it gets cold, and in my experience a sub with less xmax will be effected at higher temps than one with more xmax but it will also regain it's abilities quicker than the sub with more excursion capabilities. it's been below zero for 4 straight days in my area. every time i start up in the morning my subs are stiff and need a good ten minute warm up at half volume otherwise if i push them to full tilt they sound faint/weak.

several years back i had some insanely loud subs so for the winter i would pull them and install old school kicker impulse subs. they were effected by anything below 20 degrees but would warm up with only 2-4 minutes play time. my current diamond D6's don't feel it until it's below 10 degrees and require the longer warm up.

while everyone else in the thread is on point giving you better equipment suggestions and teaching you the real expectations of your "1000 watt" amp, i believe your issue is more likely what i'm saying.

No cold doesn't matter. I did a 157.11db in summer and two days ago in freezing temps I did a 156.7db sealed... So weather has nothing to do with it

No cold doesn't matter. I did a 157.11db in summer and two days ago in freezing temps I did a 156.7db sealed... So weather has nothing to do with it

actually extreme cold DOES cause soft parts to stiffen, cheaper subs especially. so please try re-reading my entire post, use reading comprehension while doing so and you'll see i gave a few examples where i have actually seen it happen. even this morning on my drive to work after -5 temps all night, my subs needed a warm up, i raised the volume to full tilt after only a couple minutes and they experienced the same symptoms. five minutes later and they were good to go.

reduced power output and excess heat is if you overdrive the amp.
After installing 650.1 the subs are still not working they produce sound but do not move, hence the quiet noise? I am not sure what the problem is the terminals read at 4ohms

actually extreme cold DOES cause soft parts to stiffen, cheaper subs especially. so please try re-reading my entire post, use reading comprehension while doing so and you'll see i gave a few examples where i have actually seen it happen. even this morning on my drive to work after -5 temps all night, my subs needed a warm up, i raised the volume to full tilt after only a couple minutes and they experienced the same symptoms. five minutes later and they were good to go.
I drove around with them on half for excess amount of time and nothing happened. They both cut out when it was snowiing and below freezing

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.