Subwoofer Playing Quietly Problem

jparmyguy

I bought dual 12 in kicker and boss 1100 watt monoblock back in december. when my friend installed the subs they sounded great, but after 2 weeks it was cold out and when i started the car the subs were playing extremely faintly. So I asked my friend about it said they might be blown so i returned the subs and when i got the new ones in the mail they sounded like they originally had when my friend first installed the old ones, but now today after a week it started to snow and i had left my car for an hour. When I came back the subs were playing faintly yet again. I am really starting to get frustrated and do not want to return the subs yet again. Does anyone one know what the problem is? If further info is needed to diagnose I will provide.

Sounds nothing like clipping lmao... But it does sound like your having an amp problem since these woofers are doing to also
The amp is mounted on the back of the box but what would the amp problem be since they worked for short amounts of time with both pairs of subs? Is it too cold out for the amp?

Sounds nothing like clipping lmao... But it does sound like your having an amp problem since these woofers are doing to also
So you know why the first set of woofers blew? Or did they?

Check your amp power and ground I've had an amp play low randomly due to a loose terminal

I do not really know if they blew or not because i was unable to test on another amp. Maybe thats the reason and i will try to tightnen all terminal since it is right there on the box

So you know why the first set of woofers blew? Or did they?
Check your amp power and ground I've had an amp play low randomly due to a loose terminal

The first set didn't blow. The second set of woofers are doing the same thing. The amp is the problem.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

I just notice that the amp is flicking red light for protection mode, so maybe its the cold?

Make sure your ground is good and all other connections are tight... Get out your dmm and make sure all woofers read correct ohm.

The first set didn't blow. The second set of woofers are doing the same thing. The amp is the problem. 

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Make sure your ground is good and all other connections are tight... Get out your dmm and make sure all woofers read correct ohm.
All connections are tight, im gonna have to wait to borrow a multi meter.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.